Hawaii 2-The Wedding?

Monique's P.O.V

"I can't." I said, pulling my eyes away from Miles and faced them towards the ground.

Of course I loved him and wanted nothing more than to be his wife. But, not like this. Not without my mom and dad, or my grandparents. Hell, even my annoying little brothers would be upset with me. Slowly I brought my gaze back to my mate, prepared to face his hurt filled face.

But it wasn't there, he wasn't there. I looked behind me and he stood back next to the entrance of the tent. His smile was the same as it was moments ago and I was even more confused. He caught my eyes and said a light, 'surprise', in my head, before opening it up again.

I was beyond shocked, surprised and amazed at the lengths my mate went through for me. Behind that curtain stood, my parents, my aunts and uncles, siblings and cousins, and also everyone of my grandparents. Also his dad and Carmens' mom.

Racing towards the crowd, every sensible thought left my mind and I just charged forward. Never in my life had I felt so much love and understanding, from any body. I see where the term, soul mate, comes from now. Because I truly wouldn't be whole, without Miles.

Once I reached him, my body reacted on its own accord. My lips sought his, my hands rested on his neck and my legs rubbed against his. He answered every feeling with as much need and want as my own.

"Eww!" I heard a chorus of younger voices say, and reluctantly pulled away from my mate. Only to keep his eyes focused on mine.

'Thank you very much, for all of this. I love you!' I said into his mind.

'I love you too! So now that you're family is here, will you be my bride?' he asked, getting down on one knee.

"YES!" I screamed, and everyone laughed.

"Now, we didn't have any rehearsal but I think we'll do just fine. Everyone take their places." Miles said, once everyone quieted down.

I looked at him a little different that day. He's always been my mate, my love and my future husband. But today I saw him as my Alpha. He stood proud and he thought of the good of the pack, versus what he wanted himself. Of course, he wanted my parents at our wedding but I know that was more so for my sake. He would've married me in a drive thru in Vegas, if I would've agreed.

"Alpha Mike?" Carmen's voice cut through the air, causing everyone's attention to turn to her.

"Yes?" he replied with a smile on his face.

"Will you walk me down the aisle?" she asked timidly.

"Of course. IF, you stop calling me Alpha?" he responded with a light chuckle. Carmen blushed and nodded her head swiftly, her shyness coming forward again.

As my dad took his place next to me, everything felt right. It was supposed to be like this. Our family filling the guest seats, our mothers walking down the aisle before us, and our dads by our sides, to give us away to our future husbands.

'I love you princess.' my dad sent me, as we walked arm in arm down the aisle.

'I love you too daddy. Forever.' I replied, just before he placed my hand into Miles.'

I took my mates' hand and at the last minute let it go. Turning back to my dad, I wrapped my arms around him and let all my love for him pour out into our hug. He was the passing on his role of protector of me, over to Miles and I knew it was hard for him. I just wanted him to know, I'd always be his princess.

The service went quickly and I was excited for the kissing part. As Miles' mouth descended on mine, I readied myself for our first kiss as husband and wife. It was like music to my ears when the preacher first called us that. Add in the cheers from our families and it was a perfect moment. One I couldn't wait to tell our children about!