A New Life....

Carmen's P.O.V

"Thanks again Monique, for yesterday." I said after setting her breakfast in front of her. I woke early this morning and cooked breakfast for everyone.

"Carmen, stop thanking me. You needed me and I was there. End of story." she said.

"Okay."

We all sat down to breakfast before their parents came down stairs. Malia and the boys were running around in the back yard with some other kids that I didn't know. We met so many people last night and I have yet to remember a single name.

"So what do you guys want to do today?" Anthony asked.

Miles and I looked at each other before both looking to Monique. She just shrugged her shoulders and looked back to Anthony.

"Okay, well there's the beach, or....." I Ant started but got quiet. He was looking straight ahead and then nodded his head before zoning back in. "Hey Uncle Marcus called us all in his office. And Mo he said take your block down, he was trying to call you."

We all laughed and walked over to the office. Monique knocked once before opening the door and letting us all in. Marcus was sitting at his desk, with Mya standing behind him. While Jessie and Mo occupied a small couch, next to the desk. There were two chairs in front of the desk and Ant led me over to one.

He sat down then pulled me onto his lap. Miles followed suit and then we all waited for the 'meeting' to begin.

"Monique, Anthony, do you guys remember us telling you about Mrs. Matthews?" Marcus asked.

"I think so, she was grandpa's friend. Right dad?" Ant asked looking to Jessie.

"Yeah son." Jessie said, then directed our attention back to Marcus.

"Well when she died she left everything she had to us four and you two."

"What does that mean?" Monique asked.

"Well a part of her will read that her first two great grandchildren, you and Ant, were to receive an equal share of her estate. It ended up being a total of six million dollars after we sold her house. At the time none of us needed the money so we set it up in two separate accounts, in your names." Marcus said, pointing between the two of them.

"And now that you're both 18, you have unlimited access to three million dollars apiece." Jessie added in and I felt Ant's whole body stiffen beneath me.

What the hell, my mate was already a millionaire? Not that the money meant anything to me, because I'd stay with him even if he was broke and homeless. It's just I knew it affected him, I just wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing yet.

'I love you Carmen.' he said.

'I love you too. But you should be paying attention not listening to my thoughts.' I scolded him. He just chuckled and looked to his dad.

"So you mean, me and Mo are really millionaires?" he asked.

"Yes son." his mother answered and he just smiled.

Monique wasn't saying anything and I could tell she was having a conversation with Miles. He too looked completely shocked. After a few moments they joined in on the rest of the conversation. Marcus went on to tell us that they'd need to go to the bank and sign a few papers today, just to finalize everything.

They would have to join us, as their names were on all the documents until they got of age. Now they were signing everything over to them. After leaving the bank, now millionaires, we all decided to go out for lunch. It was more like Mya forced us all by saying she was going, with or without us.