Double Trouble: Witches and Twins!

Monique's P.O.V

The whole 'ride' here I was beyond nervous. Not for what they could do to me, or even what Miles was probably going through right now. No, my thoughts focused solely on the way this witch had us traveling! She just grabbed onto my arm and bam, we were some place else! I took notice of the two burly guys with her, but my attitude remained solely with her. She'd better hope she didn't disturb the development of my twins, or we're gonna have some serious problems! Kidnapping aside.

I have to say I'm rather calm, considering the position I'm in. My wolf has been advising me to just be calm and wait for our mate. There's no doubt in her mind that he's coming. She's been trying to reach out to his wolf, with no luck so far. I think it has something to do with the room we're in. She says that she feels funny being in here, and at times her words are slurred or blocked from me all together.

With no clue as to what time it is or how long I've been here, I just sit and wait patiently. At least my babies don't seem to disturbed. My thoughts drift to Miles and I just pray that he calms himself enough to think straight and figure out a way to find me.

Before my thoughts can get the better of me, I get the feeling that someone is coming. I stand straight up, not allowing them to see me as the weak female they probably think I am. The door makes no sound as it opens but I feel that I'm now in the presence of their 'Alpha.' His power is dull and I know I can take him, but I won't put my babies in any more danger.

"You're beautiful." are his first words to me and I find it rather funny, much to his dislike.

"I'm guessing that was a compliment?" I asked, amusement lining my voice.

"It was. Do you not think so?" he asked, seemingly interested.

"Oh I love compliments." I said, causing him to smile, before I added, "From my mate!"

His eyes instantly became as black as night and I could tell his wolf was at the forefront. His breathing was heavy and his fist were clenched at his sides. The sight was funny to me but I chose to be smart and stay quiet. Obviously mentions of my mate were not welcomed.

"I am your mate now!" he growled out, his voice firm. I wanted to laugh again, but stopped when I saw the seriousness in his eyes. Did he actually think that what he's saying was true?

"Well that's interesting." was the only reply I could come up with.

"We're leaving!" he said, and before I knew what he was talking about, the witch appeared and bam, we were someplace new!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon's P.O.V

I can still feel the bond I have with Monique, but I can't actually feel her. It's like she's within my reach, yet so, so far away. It's so confusing and I'm sure it makes no sense at all, but it's how I feel right now. Of course I feel at fault for the entire situation anyways.

I was supposed to be the one person, besides Miles, who would protect her. And I had failed them both, big time! No one outright said it, but I could feel the disappointment they're emitting. It broke my wolf more, knowing that Mo was taken on our watch. Yet I stood strong and ready to take action as soon as Miles gave an order,  of any kind.

Whether it was to go get food, take on an extra patrol, or whatever else he could think of, I volunteered. I ran up and down the pack house and around the outside perimeter, including outside the pack gates. Scouting for anyone, anything, or any scent out of place. Of course I was disappointed every time, but for Mo, it was worth the try. I didn't do these things to suck up or win Miles over. No, I did it to keep my own thoughts at bay and off my failure.