Chapter 6

I close quickly close my door and lock it. I screwed up! I should have checked my eyes before I opened the door! Ugh! I'm so pissed! I need to cover this up!

~next day~

Preston's POV

Last night... Kate's eyes they.. So she is a.... She's one of us.. I was right.. So that means she is stronger than all of us! She can hide her ears! That took me years to do! I walk into the kitchen where the guys are and Kate.

"Hey Preston! I'm sorry about yesterday I wear color contacts my eyes are naturally white, but people make fun of them so I've always worn brown colored contacts." Kate says to me.

"It's ok. I get it." I say to her. Yah right your totally a hybrid but we need to make sure.

"Yah we get it, and don't hide your eyes they are beautiful just like you." Lachlan says to her and she blushes. Mitch and I make breakfast and after we finish eating we just talk for a while.

"I'm going to get some snacks anyone want anything? Or wants to come with me?" Lachlan offers. We all make a small list of snacks and drinks we want.

"Ok the list is done and I will go with you just let me get dressed." Kate says.

~time skip to Walmart~

Kate's POV

I jump in a cart as Lachlan grabs it.

"Go Lachlan! Go!" I yell and he laughs at me and rushes in the Walmart.

"You are such a little kid Katie." Lachlan says to me walking down to the candy section.

"I know I'm this many!" I say in a kiddy voice holding up 5 fingers and Lachlan laughs. I get out of the cart and grab sweet tarts,and sour gummy worms.

"Hey Lachlan did you really mean what you said about my eyes?" I ask him while putting the candy in to the cart.

"Yah I did. You have such beautiful eyes. They're so bright. I love them. You should never hide them." Lachlan says to me.

"Thanks Lachlan and I love your eyes too." I say to him. We get the rest of the snacks and get in line for check out. I pay for the food and drinks and we go outside, but before I can cross the street to the parking lot Lachlan grabs my wrist.

"Wait Kate." He says.

"What?" I ask him.

"Um Katie I have to tell you something." He says as snow starts to fall and he grabs my hand. He slowly intertwine our fingers. I look up into his baby blue eyes. He puts his other hand on my cheek.

"Lachlan...." I say to him. He leans down and kisses me and I slowly kiss him back. He pulls away from the kiss and smiles at me, and I smile back.

"So are we?" He asks me, and I nod. His smile gets bigger and he kisses me in the cheek.

"Come on let's go home." I say to him.

"Um can we not tell the guys and let them figure it out on them self?" I ask him.

"Anything for you Katie." He says to me, and we get into the car. Lachlan drives back to Preston's house. When we get there I carry the snacks in and set them upon the counter in the kitchen. I grab my sun flower seeds,sour gummy worms, and Arizona tea.

"GUYS! I'M HOME! I BROUGHT YOUR SNACKS!" I yell and I feel a pair of arms hug me from behind.

"Hey Katie." I hear Lachlan say.

"Hey, I'm going to watch a movie in my room do you want to join me?" I ask him.

"What are you going to watch?" He asks me.