Chapter 16

Preston's POV

Kate's awake finally It's been almost two weeks since she's been really awake. I missed her so much, Everyone did. Even the idiot she's dating, She does not know the Lachlan I know. He does not deserve her, and never will. Kate should be with me, She deserves someone who can protector her from the evil in this world. She is so special, if anything happened to her I think I  would kill Lachlan. If it's not noticeable I have a huge crush on Kate. From the moment I met her I knew we had a connection. If I tried to tell her how I feel right now she would not listen. She's probably still mad at me for almost killing Lachlan. I screwed up big time.

"I'm going to bed Night guys I'll talk to most of you tomorrow." She says giving me a ugly look, Yep she's still mad. I walk to my room and try to hide from the world. I won't ever get a chance with her.

Kate's POV

I say giving Preston a ugly look. I walk over to Lachlan and grab his arm.

"I need a cuddle." I say to him and he nods I run to my room and quickly change into my sweats and sweater before Lachlan comes in. He lays on my bed and waits for me. I walk over I lay next to him. He pulls me into a cuddle.

"I missed this, Lachlan don't let go of me please." I say slowly closing my eyes.

" I won't Kate." he says as I Slowly drifting off to dream world.

~ Next morning~

I wake up to Lachlan smiling playing with my hair.

"Hey who gave you permission to play with my hair?" I say trying to wake up.

"Good morning sleepy." He says back.

"What's good about the morning? and You did not answer my question." I say.

"Your here and me."

"It's my hair."

"Fine." He says and stops playing with my hair.

"Will you make me breakfast? Please." I say and start to play with his hair just to mess with him.

"Um.. so I can't play with your hair but you can play with mine?" He asks me.

"Yep. Please Lachly I'm hungry." I say.

"Fine I'll making you some bacon." he says and gets up. When he leaves I get up and get dressed. I walk to the living room to see Mitch and Jerome making out.

"Aww!" I say letting the fan girl take over. Mitch quickly pulls away and turns red.

"Oops sorry. So you two.." I say and Mitch nods turn redder. Jerome laughs at Mitch and pulls him into another make out session. I walk out of the room to the Kitchen. I sit on the counter and we talk for a while. When Lachlan finishes making Bacon, Pancakes, And some eggs we all eat in the living room.

"Um guys I want to talk to you guys." I say when I finish my food. They freeze and nod.

"Um ok.. I'm a orphan.. the orphanage I was in was terrible.. I was beaten several times, sometimes so badly i could not move for days. I have been there for almost all of my life. I've been told by multiple people that my mom died giving birth and my dad just vanished. When I lived with other relatives I was abandoned again by both sides. They just left me, no one wanted me. I absolutly hate when people get hurt." I say trying not to cry.

"Oh my gosh Kate, I'll protect you. I'm so sorry." Preston says.

"What do you mean you'll protect her? she's my girlfriend, not yours." Lachlan says holding my hand.

"Excuse me but I'm much stronger than you. And last time I fought you I nearly killed you!" Preston yells standing up.

"You know what I don't care I'd die trying save her, Your to stupid to realize Kate's needs!" Lachlan yells also standing up.

"Guys please stop." I say but they both ignore me.

"Shut up Lachlan you will never be good enough for her!" Preston yells back.

"YOU KNOW WHAT ARSEMENT?! SHE CHOSE ME NOT YOU! DID YOU EVEN THINK OF HOW SHE FEELS!?" Lachlan yells, but he's right. Preston's eyes start to turn red.

"Preston stop now." Vikk says seeing this is going south.
Preston turns to me and grabs my arm and pulls me up. Lachlan looks so pissed.

"Lachlan calm down please for me. I got this." I say putting my hand on his cheek he slowly calms  down and Preston pulls me away from Lachlan. He grips tighter on my wrist. I try to pull away and He smacks me hard in the face and I feel tears sting in my face. I don't want to change because if I do I'm scared my wolf side will do something I can't take back.

"GET YOUR HANDS OF OF HER!" Lachlan yells but the guys hold him back. I look back at Preston who's eyes are blood red. Preston hits me again harder than before. I feel a cut form and blood drip down my face.

"CAN'T YOU SEE KATE?! HE DOES NOT DESERVE YOU! I CAN PROTECT YOU! HE CAN'T! YOU KEEP GETTING HURT WHEN YOU'RE WITH HIM!" He yells in my face.

**************

A/n

This chapter is longer than the rest because I might not be able to update tomorrow I start school. I HATE SCHOOL I JUST STARE AT THE WALL FOR HOURS. But I'm not failing school. I just hate school.

I hope you like this chapter Please share this with your friends!