Chapter 1

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping. I get out of bed and glance out the window. Frost covers everything outside. I quickly get dressed and slip on my converse. I grab a sweater and head downstairs. My mom sits at the kitchen table. We're the only one's that wake up at six in the morning.

"I'm going outside." I say as I put on my sweater.

"Okay, be careful." My mom says.

"Yeah, I will." I say and walk out the back door. What I like about living where we live is the fact that we have a forest for a backyard. I like forests, and I've always wanted to live near one, and now I do.

As I walk into the forest, I can't stop thinking of how cool this is. I mean, how many people live near a forest? Okay, that was a stupid question. A lot of people live near a forest. After walking for a while, I stop to take a break. I lean against a tree for a few seconds before a rabbit appears. It looks up at me for a second, then looks back down. I pick it up and hold it. It doesn't freak out like a normal rabbit would. I think it's cute.

"I see you've found my friend." A voice says in an Australian accent. I look up and see a giant bunny. The rabbit jumps out of my arms and hops over to the giant bunny that stands in front of me. I just stare at the bunny for a few seconds before I faint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, you brought her back here?" A voice says. The accent sounds Russian.

"I was going to leave her there, but Pitch was there. Well, he wasn't there there, but I heard him and I made a quick decision." It's that Australian accent again.

"Well, I think Bunny did the right thing." A girl's voice chimes in.

"Thank you, Tooth." Who the heck is Bunny and who would give someone the name 'Tooth'. I open my eyes and sit up. I'm on a brown leather couch. I glance around. There's a gigantic globe off to my right and there's a large set of doors all the way across the room. And at least ten yards away is that bunny I saw earlier, a small gold glowing man who's floating next to him, a girl who looks like a fairy-bird, a tallish chubbyish guy and a kid with snow white hair who's holding a stick. I am obviously going insane.

I just sit on the couch, watching the five of them. Some how, they fascinate me. I watch the golden guy the most. He apparently doesn't talk so he makes signs above his head with gold sand. And then he glances over at me. He grabs the chubbyish guys sleeve and tugs on it.

The chubby guy turns to him. "What is it, Sandy?" he asks. So he's the Russian one. The gold guy, who I assume is Sandy, points to me. They all turn their heads in my direction. I sit completely still. They all turn back to face each other, except the kid with the stick says, "Hey, how's it-" The chubbyish guys immediately turns him around to face the others.

I get up and walk past them. Apparently they don't notice me because they continue to talk. I walk over to a banister on my left. I look over and am completely suprised by what I see. There's toys everywhere, and those toys are flying. There's a set of stairs off to my right. I run towards them. The stairs go in a spiral motion around the room, slowly making it's way down to the bottom. On some parts of the stairs, there's work stations, I think, and these huge monsters, that I think are called yetis, work at the stations. And I notice something else. There's these small things with large hats on. A bell rests on top of their hats. They're probably elves or leprechuans or something. This place is amazing! I'm about to start walking down the steps when a thought comes to my mind. This isn't my place, and I'd probably get in trouble if I broke anything. I turn back around and scream. It's not an extreme scream, just a scream that you hear when you get freaked out.