Chapter 32

I retreat back inside and close the door. I walk back over to Jack and August. "Well, we might as well help them." Jack says. August jumps up and down and Jack walks past me. I pick up the snow globe. "It would be cool if we were fighting in a forest." August says as I hear the door open. Then it closes. "Um, yeah, I guess." I say. I turn around and start to walk towards the door. Then August runs past me, knocking the snow globe out of my hands. It falls and I reach for it, but when it hits the ground, it becomes a portal and I'm sucked in.

I sit on hard ground. I look around. How convenient. I'm in a forest. I get up and brush the dirt off my cloak. Okay, this is a situation in which going in random directions will not help. You know, I'll just wait for the others to come find me. They'll realize I'm gone and come look for me. I wonder how long that'll take.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Jack's POV*

"What are you doing here?" North shouted as he cut through a Nightmare with one of his swords. The Nightmare disappeared. "Jess insisted that we come back. August agreed with her. And then they found a snow globe which brought us here." I say. A nightmare charges towards me and I shoot a bolt of ice at it. It disappears. I look around. They need us. In a way, I'm glad Jess made us come back. August shoots a few Nightmares with his beams. More appear, taking the place of those that are gone. This is going to take awhile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Jess' POV*

After wandering the forest for an hour or two, I realized that I am not going to get out of here any time soon. I sit against a tree, bored. I wonder what country this forest is in. Maybe Canada. Or Washington in the US. Maybe I'm near Pitch's lair or near my hometown. Maybe I'm near Burgess. It would be so cool if I could see Jamie right now. But, I'm stuck in a freaking forest, so that's not gonna happen. Thank you, August, for putting me here. I'm really enjoying it. I get up and keep walking. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to find a house or something.

Yeah, like I'm that lucky. Another hour or so later, I haven't found anything. Just trees, trees, bushes, flowers, and trees. I still need to keep going, though. I can't give up because I need to get back to the Pole. It's, like, the second most important thing I need to do. The first thing on my list is to get out of this forest. Thanks again, August. Really appreciate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Jack's POV*

I shoot my huge wave of ice at a group of Nightmares. Some of them flee, only because they see it coming. The others don't and the wave hits them. I stop shooting the wave at them. They're gone but more replace them. Then I just completely go nuts and start randomly shooting ice in every direction. I'm sick and tired of these Nightmares, and Pitch. I just want them all gone. I stop for a second to look around. My efforts are ineffective. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I shoot at Pitch, who doesn't see it coming. The ice hits him in the chest and he falls off his black sand cloud.

I fly over to him. He gets up off the ground and I shoot at him again. He avoids the ice. "You should find something better to do." I say. "Jack, this is way better than I could have imagined." Pitch says. I shoot my large wave of ice at him, which he can't avoid. It hits him and he falls to the ground. I hear the others run up behind me. I stop shooting at Pitch. Then a huge wave of Nightmares comes out of no where. Crud. Pitch suddenly disappears. Then I hear Tooth scream. I spin around and see Pitch has her.

"Let her go!" I shout at him. "Let's make a deal. Her for Jess." He says. Where is Jess anyway? "Well, If you don't have her, then I guess-" One of the yetis punches Pitch in the face, which was really funny. I'm just trying not to laugh. Tooth flies over to us. The yeti, I now realize, is Phil. Phil grabs Pitch's arm and drags him through the snow over to us. "I must say, you look pathetic." North says. Pitch looks up at him and North punches him in the face. That must be painful. Twice in a row.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Jess' POV*

Okay, I'm going insane. Really, I am. Being stuck in the middle of a forest doesn't help your sanity. I sit down by a tree and stick my hands into my sweater pocket. My fingers touch something. I grab this something and pull it out of my pocket. It's a snow globe. You're kidding me, right? I had this the whole flippin time?! I'm stupid. I am so stupid. I take the snow globe, whisper my destination, and throw it. It becomes a portal and I step through. I stand just outside the doors of the work shop. I look around and see the others standing in a half circle. I run over to them. I stand next to Bunny. Pitch stands in front of us.

"I'll be back," He says. "And then, I'll succeed." Then he disappears. Yes, he'll be back. But we're the Guardians. We'll always be here, to fight him and protect the children. Our fight is over, for now, but he'll be back. We'll be here waiting for him. I hope he likes losing.

THE END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: The sequel has been posted!