Chapter 30

"Jack, take me to see Jamie." August says. Jack ignores him. "August," North says. "You are not going anywhere. You need to practice." August sighs. I turn to my left to say something to Jack, but find that he's disappeared. "Sandy, Bunny, work with him today." Sandy nods, smiling. Bunny just stands there. "So," I hear Jack say from my left. I jump back, scared out of my mind. I hear Bunny laughing. North just looks at me along with Sandy, Tooth, and August. Jack starts laughing as well. "What the heck man?!" I shout at him.

He puts his hands up defensively. "I wasn't trying to scare you." He says. "Can it, Frostbite." I say, folding my arms across my chest. "Good one, Mate." Bunny says. "Why, thank you." Jack says, bowing. I roll my eyes and Bunny starts laughing again. "August, you should head to the practice room. Sandy, Bunny, go with him." North says. Bunny stops laughing as August heads for the stairs. Sandy follows him and Bunny follows Sandy. "Well, I've got some work to do so I'll see you guys later." Tooth says. "Bye, Tooth." I say and she flies out the window.

"You two can go ahead and do whatever you wish. I will be in my office if you need me." North says. "Okay." I say and he grabs a few papers off the desk and heads for his office. He walks into his office and we're left alone. Or, I am because I don't see Jack. If he scares me again, I swear that he'll regret doing it. I stand there for a second, not really knowing what to do. Then an idea comes to me and I turn and head down the stairs, looking for Phil. I spot him walking towards the infirmary. "Phil!" I call to him. He turns and looks at me.

I run up to him. "Do you have paint?" I ask. He gets a confused look on his face. I just look at him, waiting. He thinks about this for a moment then nods. He motions for me to follow him. I follow him downstairs a few more stories. He stops at a door near a window and walks in. I follow him. There's loads of paint in here. Tall shelves hold thousands of paint cans. Every color known to mankind has to be here. "Do you have any green?" I ask Phil. He nods and leads me down the closest aisle. He stops at the end and motions to the shelf.

I stare at it. Greens. All greens. I grab a paint can off the shelf and look at what color it is. Honeydew. I hand it to Phil and grab another can of paint. Jungle green. I hand this one to Phil as well. I grab two more paint cans; Shamrock green and Teal. I hand them to Phil and ask, "Any blues or browns?" He walks past me and back down the isle. He walks down the next one and stops at the end again. He sets down the four paint cans. I grab a can of paint of the shelf. It's Powder blue. I hand this one to Phil and grab another paint can. Baby blue. I hand this one to Phil and glance at the paint cans. Then he walks around to the other isle and comes back with brown. Chocolate brown, to be exact.

Greens and blues and brown. I think these colors would work well. "Thanks, Phil," I say. "I'll take these and go." He nods and leaves. I form a bubble around the seven paint cans and make it float. I walk out of the room and back upstairs. As I approach my room, I notice Jack sitting in the rafters, watching me. I avoid his look and head into my room. I set the bubble down on the floor and make it disappear. The paint cans sit stacked on top of each other. I open the can of Honeydew green paint and realize that I don't have a paintbrush. Maybe I can make one.

I try to form a paintbrush, but it turns out as a dagger instead. I toss the dagger onto my bed and try again. This time, a large green paint brush is produced. I qucikly form sheilds around the items in the room, so they're protected from any paint. I don't really worry about the floor. I dip the paintbrush into the paint can and start painting. About an hour later, I've painted the ceiling, walls, and managed to not get any paint on the floor. Hurray for me! I make another paintbrush, only because I don't feel like washing off the other one, plus, I can give these to Phil and the other yetis for when they paint the toys. I wait a minute for the paint on the walls to dry before I start again.

This paintbrush is smaller than he first one. I open the Chocolate brown paint and the Shamrock green. I move my bed to the middle of the room, just to get it out of the way. Then I start painting the outline of the tree: The branches, the trunk, etc. Then, once I'm finished, I make another paintbrush and use it to paint on the leaves of the tree. I decide to wash my paintbrushes after all and leave my room. I walk into the kitchen, the actual kitchen where the food is made, and wash off the brushes. I head back to my room and start painting again.

About half an hour later, the tree is finished, and with every detail, it looks like a real tree. But, somethings missing. I use one of my small paintbrushes to paint grass aorund the edge of the wall all the way around the room. Once I'm finished with that, I close the paint cans and take four them back to the paint room. I left the blues back in my room, 'cause I still need them. I walk around the paint room, grabbing more paint cans. A red here, a yellow there, a white down this isle, a purple down that isle.

I come back to the door with five paint cans. Purple, red, orange, yellow, and white. I take the paint cans back up to my room to finish. I open all of them and make a few more paint brushes. I paint flowers here and there in the grass. Once I'm done, I glance around at my work. Perfect. It's totally amazing. I close all of the paintcans and leave to wash the paintbrushes. I come back to my room, gather up the paint cans and take them back down to the paint room. I set them next to the other four paint cans on the floor.

I leave the room and continue to make my way downstairs, looking for Phil. I hold the paintbrushes tightly as I walk down. I end up at the bottom, no Phil anywhere. I fly back up to the top. Then I see Phil, sitting on the couch. I walk up to him and hand him the paintbrushes. He looks up at me and smiles. I smile back and head to my room. I decide to look in my closet for the first time since I got here. There's a few dresses, a few outfits and something I've always wanted: A cloak. It's a dark spring green. I grab it and put it on, fastening the gold latch near the neck. It stops just above my ankles.

I push my bed back up against the left wall, where I painted to tree, and let all the sheild disappear from around the items in my room. This cloak is awesome, and it has long sleeves, unlike some cloaks I've seen. I put on the hood just as the door opens. I look over and see North, looking horrified. "What did you do to this room?" He asks.

*'*'*'*'*

I sit in a chair in the middle of the room as North paces back and forth. The others are gathered near the couch. I can see the look on Jack's face. It tells me he's sorry for me. I pull my cloak hood over me, trying to hide from North's coming wrath. "You painted the room," North says. I don't look up, I continue to stare at my feet. "Why?" I don't say anything for a second. Then I say, "I don't know, because I did." I hear North's footsteps stop and it's quiet. "Next time, Jess, you should ask for permission." I look up at him.

"You're not mad at me?" I ask. He shakes his head. "No, I am not. Just ask me first next time." He says. I nod and get up. "Okay, I promise." I say. He smiles, I smile back. Today has been great. I painted my room, didn't get in trouble, and got the most amazing cloak ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Okay, this is just a filler chapter kind of, just to get the story going. I hope you guys enjoyed it.