Chapter 14

I charge out of the dining hall and toss Jack his staff. "You're staying in here, all of you." I say as I walk towards the window.

"What are you talking about?" Bunny asks.

"If I tell you, you'll wanna go outside and Jack could possibly die again." I say then fly out of the window. I stand on the roof. I watch as Pitch approaches. I shoot one my beams at one of his Nightmares. It dissolves into just black sand that falls to the ground. Then Pitch stands on the edge of the roof.

"Hello, Jess," he says. "I just came to say 'hi' to our friend Jack." I shoot a beam at him. He dodges it. "I guess we'll have to do this the hard way then." He disappears and is suddenly right in front of me.

He grabs my arm and throws me off the roof towards one of the abysses near the bridge. I panic and scream as I fall. I stop screaming for a second to try and stop myself from falling. I stop myself just before I hit the bottom. I float to the ground. I don't want to go back up there. I know I need to, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

"Why, hello there." I spin around and see that girl that's always with Pitch. I shoot a beam at her without thinking. She screams in pain. "DADDY!"

Oh my gosh. What did I just do? I look around and see that this abyss connects to the other one. I take off running as fast as I can. I glance behind me and see Pitch there now, kneeling in front of the girl. I turn back around and run into something. I take a few steps back and see Pitch standing there. Crap

"No one hurts my little girl," he says, the anger clear in his voice.

I take off running back in the direction I came from. I feel something grab my hood and yank me back. "Jack!" I scream, totally freaking out.

"I wonder what I can do with you." Pitch says. I scream again. "I could kill you, but that stupid Sandman will just bring you back. It has to be something extreme. I could just take you back to my lair with me. How does that sound?"

"JACK!" I scream again, louder this time. I feel myself begin to hyperventilate, as I am scared of what he'll do to me. I want to cry. I really do. I notice Pitch pull out a knife. I scream again and feel tears come to my eyes.

"Daddy, that's too easy," the little girl says. What is she, an expert in torture methods?

"You're right, sweetheart. What should we do with her then?" Pitch says softly as he puts the knife away.

"Bring her back with us," the girl says.

"Jess!" I hear Jack shout.

"That is a great idea. Come on, let's go." Pitch says. Then Jack appears just as Pitch disappears, taking me with him.

I stand alone in a large place. Pitch is gone and so is his demonic daughter. "Welcome to our home." I hear Pitch say

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Jack's POV*

"No! Let me go! Jess is in trouble!" I shout at North.

"She can handle herself, Jack!"

"JACK!" Jess screams again.

"Not against Pitch!" I say as I struggle to get away from North. Then there's a scream. I struggle with North for a few more seconds before I break free of his grip. I jump down into the abyss. "Jess!" I scream. I reach the bottom and see that Pitch has her. Then they disappear in clouds of black sand. It feels like my heart just got ripped out of my chest. He took Jess. I sink to my knees and just sit there for a few seconds.