Chapter 23

"Guys, come on. Stop messing around." Tooth says. Bunny and Jack ignore her and continue their argument. "I thought Easter Kangaroos were smarter than this." "Let's get one thing straight, Frostbite. I am the Easter Bunny, not a kangaroo." Bunny says. "Well, those ears of yours say something else." Jack says. They stare at each other, their faces only a few inches apart. Then Sandy shoots his dreamsand at them. They both fall to the floor and lay next to each other. Tooth looks over at Sandy with an angry face. "Sandy, they have to get over their differences. And the only way for them to do that is if they are awake, not asleep. Stop using the dreamsand." She says.

Sandy becomes angry and floats over to the couch. "Come back here, Sandy. I am not done talking to you." Tooth says. She floats after him. "What a wonderful morning, isn't it, North?" I say. He sighs. "I do not know anymore." "Do we have any plans for the day?" I ask, changing the subject. "I only have a few, and I want to come up with more before those two wake up, so they have something to do." He says. "What are the plans that you came up with so far?" "Well, I think that you should get some practicing done. You need to be expirienced enough so that when the situation arises, you know what to do. And I might make Jack spend the day with Jamie. That will take care of the current situation." He says.

I glance down at Bunny and Jack. Bunny opens his eyes and sits up. Jack does the same. He grabs his staff and jumps up. Bunny gets up off the ground. "Cottontail, I swear I'm gonna-" North grabs Jack by the hood and yanks him over to him. "Tell me, Jack," Bunny says. "What were you goin' to do?" Jack glares at him and Bunny smirks. North sets Jack down in a chair and starts to walk towards his desk. Jack stares at Bunny, who's 5 yards away from him. Then he jumps towards Bunny and I step into his path, hoping to stop him. He rams into me and we fall to the ground.

Jack gets up. "Jess," He says. "I didn't mean-" I hold up a finger, making him shut up. I slowly get up off the ground. North and the others are watching us. "I didn't-" I hold up my finger again and Jack stops. "Sit in that chair, now." I say. He pauses then walks back to the chair. I look over at Bunny. The smile on his face disappears. "Couch." I say. Bunny walks over to the couch and sits down. "An interesting way to take care of a situation like this." North says. "I'm taking that as a compliment." I say.

"Jess, whenever you are ready, you can head down to the practicing room," North says. "Jack, you are going to be with Jamie for the day." North uses a snowglobe to make a portal to Burgess. Before Jack steps through it, North hands him a snowglobe. Jack steps through the portal and it disappears. I head for the stairs. "Bunny, go with Jess." North says. A few seconds later, Bunny appears at my side. I walk down the stairs with Bunny following me. After a few minutes, we reach the practice room. I walk inside and look around.

It's a large, boring room. "So, like, what am I supposed to do?" I ask Bunny. "You're supposed to practice." He tells me. "Yeah, I know, but- you know what, just forget it. It doesn't matter anyway." I say. I randomly shoot beams for a few minutes. Then I start to get bored. "What are you doing, Jess?" Bunny asks. "I'm practicing." I tell him. He starts to walk towards me. "You can't practice that way." He says. He walks past me and stands at least 4 yards from me. "Go ahead, shoot me." He says. "No, I am not going to shoot you." I say.

"Do it." He persists. "No." I say. "If you're going to be prepared, you're going to need to practice fighting someone. I'm here, so you're going to fight me." He says. "No," I say once again. "I will never, in a million years, ever fight you." He stands there for a minute, watching me, just in case I change my mind. Then, in a split second, he pulls out one of his boomerangs and throws it at me. I duck just in time. The boomerang comes back to Bunny a second later and I get up. "You asked for it, Bunny." I say. "That's the fire I was hopin' to see." He says.

Metaphors. They are somewhat annoying at times, and this is one of those times. I immediately shoot a beam at Bunny. He dodges it. He throws a boomerang at me and I dodge it. I take this moment to shoot another beam at him. He ducks and then I feel a pain in the back of my head. I turn around and see the boomerang lying on the ground. Now I know how Jack felt when he got hit in the head. I pick up the boomerang and toss it to Bunny. He catches it. "You're good," Bunny says. "But not good enough."

I shoot more beams at him, which he swiftly dodges. Then I form a ball of light larger than the ones I've been making. I throw it at him. He side-steps out of the way. "You're really making me angry, Bunny," I say. "And I'd have to say that right now, that isn't a good choice." "Bring it on, Blossom." He says. "Sure thing, Cottontail." I say and shoot a few beams at him. He dodges them, just like before. Anger starts to rise inside of me and I quickly form a large ball of light. I throw it at him as hard as I can. It makes contact with Bunny's chest and he stumbles backwards a bit. Joy replaces the anger inside me.

Bunny regains his balance and looks at me. Then he throws a boomerang at me. I stick my arms out, my palms facing him. I watch as a barrier of green light is formed and the boomerang bounces off of it. It flies back in Bunny's direction. He catches it and I let my arms fall back to my sides. The barrier sheild thing disappears. I look up at Bunny, who's slightly grinning at me. I had no idea that I could do that! "Think fast!" I hear Bunny call to me. I look up and see him throw one of his boomerangs at me. I do exactly what comes to my mind. I jump up and catch it.

Bunny smiles. "I think you've got the hang of things now. Lets go get lunch." He says. He walks up to me and goes to take his boomerang from me, but I move my hand out of the way. I grin and run for the door. I run out of the room and jump off the banister. I immediately stop myself from falling and fly up towards the top. "You're not goin' to win, Mate!" I hear Bunny shout. I land on the banister. "I definitely will!" I shout back. Bunny appears a few feet away from me. I jump off the banister and notice a portal open near the doors. Jack steps through.

Bunny runs towards me and I arc around him. "Oh, hey guys, where-" Jack begins. I run towards the dining hall. I can hear Bunny behind me. I run into the room. Everyone has a shocked expression on their face. I run around to the other side of the table and sit down, holding the boomerang in my lap. Bunny runs in and comes to a stop near his chair. He casually sits down. A few seconds later, Jack walks into the room and takes his seat next to me. Everyone is still watching Bunny and I. I ignore their looks and start eating. They do the same.

"How did practice go?" North asks. "Great." I say, smiling. "I am glad you had fun." North says. I nod. "Hey, Bunny," I say. He looks up at me. "Is this the only other boomerang you have?" I hold it up so he can see it. "Yeah, why?" He asks. I smile on the inside. I stare at the boomerang for a second then look back up at him. "It would be a shame if someone...broke it." I say. A large grin spreads across my face. Bunny looks horrified. "You wouldn't." He says. "I definitely would." I say. It's silent for a second. Bunny stares at me.

Then he jumps across the table towards me. Jack jumps out of his chair and I fly up towards the ceiling. "Bunny!" Tooth shouts, getting out of her chair. I watch Bunny as he gets off the table and brushes bits food off him. I float to the ground. North and Sandy are standing, watching this. Tooth is at Bunny's side, helping him and Jack is standing away from the table, not wanting to be a part of this. I stand a few feet away from North on his right. Bunny sees me and runs towards me. I fly upwards again.

Bunny looks up at me. "If you break-" "Calm down, Bunny," I say. "Do you really think that I'd break one of your boomerangs? You really don't trust me." The amount of anger in his eyes decreases. "You're my friend. I would never do something like that." I tell him. I drop the boomerang and he catches it. I smile and float back down to the ground. "So, North, what do we do now?" I ask casually as if nothing ever happened.