Chapter 19

"The work shop is great, isn't it?" Tooth asks me as we head up the stairs. "Yeah, it's really cool." I say. Then I stop. We are walking, freaking walking, and we can fly. Tooth turns to me. "What's wrong, Jess?" She asks. "We are capable of flying, yet we'd rather walk up the tons of stairs to the top." I say. "Oh." Tooth says. I can tell that she feels as stupid as I do. We fly up to the top and reach it within seconds. "That was easy." "Easier than walking up the stairs." I say. We walk towards the dining hall. We enter the room and everyone greets us with, "Hey, how was the tour?"

As I walk towards the table, I notice Jack sitting next to Bunny. Tooth takes her seat. "It was great." I say as I sit next to Sandy. "It was really fun!" Tooth says. I grab a grilled cheese sandwich and start eating. Bunny's talking to Jack apart from the rest of us, which just seems strange to me. The last time I heard, they hated each other. North begins talking about cookies, which grabs every bit of my attention. "My favorite type of cookie is oatmeal raisin." Tooth says. Mine is Butter Pecan. Sandy signs. North nods then look at me expectantly. "My favorite is chocolate chip." I say. "One of my favorites as well." North says.

"You have more than one favorite type?" I ask. North nods. "Yes, but my favorite favorite is Oreos." He says. "I like those." I tell him. "Yes, well, we better be leaving. The yeti's need to clean up." He says. "Jack, Bunny, when you are done, you can do whatevr you choose to. Another 'do nothing' day." The four of us get up and walk towards the door, leaving Jack and Bunny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Jack's POV*

"That's not what I meant, Jack." Bunny says. "You know what, you're confusing me, so I'm going to stop taking your advice." I say. I get up and head for the door. I hear Bunny following me. I walk out of the room and see the others standing in a group, talking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Jess' POV*

We stand around in the main room. We continue our conversation about cookies after a few minutes of silence. A few minutes later, I hear a door open. We pause. Jack and Bunny walk out of the dining hall. Bunny walks towards us as Jack seems to be heading for the stairs. "Hey, Jack," I say, taking a step towards him. "What's-" "I'm sorry guys, but I promised Phil I'd help him build a few trains. I'll join you some other time." He says and continues walking toward the stairs. I glance over at North and he shrugs.

Bunny joins our group and I turn back towards them. We keep going with our conversation. I think we've discussed every type of cookie there is in only ten minutes. We move on to talking about different types of fruits. Bunny brings up the tomato. "It is definitely a fruit." Tooth says. "No, it has to be a vegetable." Bunny argues back. "Before we get into an arguement, I would like to ask a question." North says. "Who thinks that a tomato is a fruit?" Tooth and Sandy raise their hands. "Who thinks that it is a vegetable?" Bunny and I raise our hands.

"I already know what a tomato truly is. I am going to be the judge. You're going to be in teams and you will argue against each other about the tomato. I will decide what team wins and I will tell you if the tomato is a fruit or vegetable. Sandy, Tooth, you are a team. Bunny, Jess, you are a team. Stand on opposite sides of me and we shall begin. Tooth, Sandy, you will go first." North tells us. Tooth and Sandy stand on North's right. Bunny and I stand on his left. "Begin." He says and they get right to it.

Sandy is signing like crazy when Tooth gives him the chance. She translates for him and then starts talking herself. Somehow, they ended up telling us the history of the freaking tomato. After they did, they glanced at North, He nodded, indicating that the histroy was correct. "That is what makes the tomato a fruit." Tooth says, ending their rant. North looks at us. "Begin." Bunny starts talking right away. When he says something that seems a bit weak, I add more stuff to it, trying to keep it as truthful as possible. But it's hard when you're arguing about a stupid tomato. We bring up some of the stuff that Tooth and Sandy pointed out and counter-act it to make it seem like it isn't true at all, that what they said is completely different from what it really is. "That's what makes the tomato a vegetable." I conclude.

"Okay, in some ways, both of you were right. The team that won is..." We stand in suspense for a few seconds. "Don't leave us hangin', Mate." Bunny says. "Jess and Bunny." We jump up and cheer. "You made some pretty great points, but sadly, you are wrong. The tomato is a fruit." Tooth and Sandy cheer now. "Oh, shut up." Bunny says. His pretty upset about losing. He walks over to the couch and sits down, his arms folded across his chest. "Oh, come on, Bunny. It wasn't a big deal. It's not like they got a prize or anything?" I say. Bunny ignores me.

"So, who's up for a snowball fight?" Tooth asks. Bunny appears at my side. "You're going down, Tooth." He says. "In your dreams, Bunny." She says then flies towards the doors. We run after her as she pulls open one of the doors and flies out of the work shop. We step out into the snow and North closes the door. I look down at the sparkling snow. I look back up and am met with cold snow to the face. I wipe the snow out of my eyes and see Tooth a few yards away, grinning. I pick up a large clump of snow and throw it at her just as the others head off in their own direction. The snow hits Tooth in the shoulder. It's every man for themselves.

Somehow, we all ended up on the other side of the bridge. I peer out from behind my snow drift and see Tooth fighting Bunny. Sandy is hiding behind a snow drift as well and North is charging towards Tooth and Bunny. I get out from behind my snow drift, a snowball in hand and run towards Tooth and Bunny as well. I throw my snowball, but it ends up flying past Tooth and hits North in the face. Bunny and Tooth stop fighting and look towards North, who wipes the snow out of his face. Then he throws his snowball at a sickening speed and it rams into my face. I fall backwards and land with a thud in the snow.

 I lay there for a minute, processing this. It explains why no one throws anything at North. I sit up and wipe the snow out of my face. The others look at me and burst out lauging. North smiles. Then, suddenly, I'm surrounded by black sand. It's like I'm inside a large ball of it. I hear the others stop laughing as Pitch appears a foot away from me. "Jack!" I hear Tooth shout. "Why, hello, Jess," Pitch says. "It's great to see you." Then everything goes black.