Chapter 1: Captain, Husband, and Father

Being a starship captain, a leader, a husband, and a father can be stressful. Jim Kirk sat on the bridge with one of his sons, Elliot. Jim had became very tired over the last couple of weeks.

Elliot, being almost ten weeks old, had entered a phase where he is crying constantly. Now Malcolm was the quiet one. The daycare was closed for the day, so Jim took one twin while Naomi took the other.

"Captain, your child seems agitated. May I mind meld him to see what's wrong?" Spock asked, getting up and walking over by the captains chair.

"No....." Jim muttered, moving Elliot a little closer to him.

"Really, the chance of death is only 60% on an infant that size." Spock suggested, moving his hand toward Elliot.

"No no Spock, that's fine." Jim said, a little scared. Elliot still screamed as Jim held him closer.

"Alright." Spock muttered going back to his station.

Elliot just kept on crying, despite what Jim tried to do. Spock suggested a neck pinch, but Jim refused again.

"Why do you keep crying?" He asked, rocking the small baby back and forth.

"Captain, he is distressed. That is a normal reaction for a infant of ten weeks." Spock said before Jim spoke up.

"Spock, you aren't a helping." He said, standing up to walk around. "Chekov, if this doesn't scare you out of getting a girl pregnant, I don't know what will."

Chekov blushed deep red. "Is okay to use protection?" He asked, still blushing.

"Yes, but it doesn't always work." Alaska interrupted, walking into the bridge. Chekov hadn't seen her in months, so this shocked him.

"You're pregnant!" He exclaimed, shock in his face.

"Yeah. Can't you tell." Alaska said, running her hand on her stomach. "I need you to sign this Jim."

Awkwardly, Jim signed the PADD. Elliot still screamed in his arms. "Stop crying!" Jim complained, sitting in the chair frustrated.

Chekov was still staring at Alaska's stomach. "You're pregnant!" He exclaimed again.

"Yes." Alaska said, giving him a side hug in his chair.

"You're pregnant!" Chekov exclaimed again.

"Nice observation Sherlock." She laughed.

"You're pregnant!" He exclaimed again.

"Seriously kid, catch up." Sulu chimed in, snapping his fingers in front of Chekov.

"They call you a Russian Whiz Kid." Uhura said, laughing.

"You're pregnant." Chekov muttered, laying his head on the console.

"I'm going to go." Alaska said, taking the PADD and leaving. Elliot was still crying.

"Here, try holding Elliot. You love kids." Jim suggested, handing Elliot to Chekov. He grinned and held the baby.

Elliot was silent instantly, he giggled in Chekov's arms. "He likes you." Sulu muttered.

"Thank god he's quiet." Jim muttered, falling asleep in the chair.

"Captain-" Spock started before Uhura stopped him.

"Let him sleep." She said. "Nothing's happening."

Spock nodded and went back to work. Chekov was playing with Elliot, the tiny baby still giggling in his arms. Elliot wrapped his hand over Chekov's finger and tugged hard. Chekov pretended it hurt, a goofy grin on his face.

Elliot's eyes slowly drooped and he fell asleep. Chekov held him with one arm against his chest and adjusted some things on the console. He then laid back in the chair, Elliot on his shoulder.

The baby woke up a little and tugged on Chekov's curly hair. Once again, Chekov pretended it hurt and laughed.

Naomi walked into the bridge with Malcolm to see Jim asleep and Elliot with Chekov.

"Why is he-" she started to say before Spock interrupted.

"The captain is tired." He said, sighing.

"I bet." Naomi muttered, walking over by Chekov. "Thanks." She muttered, taking Elliot. Her shift was over and Jim's was over in four hours. This would be a long night.