Chapter 13: Worry

*one week has passed. Naomi is twenty one weeks pregnant.*

A soft coughing sound came from one of the babies cribs. Jim woke up to a beeping. It was a beeping that was installed into the babies cribs that detects when they are sick.

Jim pulled himself out of bed and walked over to the crib. He was on his own for a while, Naomi got sick from being pregnant and had to stay in sickbay. Elliot was softly coughing, his face pained.

"Shhh." Jim whispered, picking him up. Elliot squirmed in protest, his fists trying to hit Jim.

Elliot looked as though he was trying to cry, but he just couldn't. Jim was getting increasingly worried. Elliot felt really warm and he looked pale.

"Lights at 95%." Jim ordered. The lights turned on, almost to full brightness. Malcolm woke up now and started crying. Jim messaged for Alaska to come and help.

Elliot's lips were turning blue, his mouth open but no sound. Jim was in full panic attack mode now. He held Elliot up so his head on in Jim's shoulder. Breaths wracked out of his little body. "Alaska where are you!" Jim yelled, pacing back and forth. He couldn't leave Malcolm alone, but he definitely couldn't let Elliot die.

Malcolm continued screaming. Eventually, Jim just left. He ran as fast as he could through the hall, careful of Elliot. Alaska went to Jim and Naomi's quarters to find Malcolm crying.

Jim ran into the sickbay, panicked. Elliot wasn't breathing now and nurses could tell Jim was having a panic attack. They quickly took Elliot and whisked him off into a room, Jim never leaving his side.

"Okay, it looks like asthma." Bones said when they got Elliot breathing again. They had to stick a tube down his throat and in his nose to help him breathe.

"Will he be okay?" Jim asked, holding Elliot's hand. It pained him to see his son so weak and fragile looking. The little child was still blue faced and pale.

"He'll be fine, but he'll need to stay here overnight and possibly tomorrow. Naomi's freaking out, I'd go tell her what happened." Bones said before leaving. Jim gazed down at Elliot. His face relaxed in sleep, his lips twitching.

Jim kissed his forehead before walking out slowly. It was hard to leave. Naomi was laying on her side, an IV in her hand. "Jim! What happened! I heard that you and Elliot were here!" Naomi questioned, trying to sit up. Jim just helped her lay back down, it wasn't too good for her to get up.

"Elliot wasn't breathing. I rushed him here, Alaska should be with Malcolm. Bones said he has asthma." Jim explained, setting his hand on her stomach.

"Is he okay?" Naomi asked, panicked.

"He'll be fine." Jim answered, kissing her cheek. She sighed with relief and relaxed even more.

"I want you to stay with him. I'm fine." Naomi said, holding his hand. "Make sure he's okay." Jim nodded and left to go back by Elliot. Alaska was there with Malcolm.

Malcolm looked confused at the fact that Elliot was sick. He tried to tug on the tubes, but Alaska pulled him away. Bones came in holding Ellie. She slept soundly in his arms, buried in blankets and his arms.

"Is there any chance he can see Naomi? She wants to see him and her illness is pregnancy related so she wouldn't get him sick." Jim asked, hopeful of the answer. Bones nodded and helped him move the small sickbay bed into her room.

"Ohh.." She muttered, sitting up. "He looks so fragile."

"I know." Jim muttered, staring down at him. Naomi's eyes started to water and she reached out and touched Elliot's cheek. Jim was holding Malcolm.

"I'm glad he's okay." Naomi mumbled, holding his hand.

Elliot stayed asleep, the tubes keeping him breathing. Bones and some other doctors were trying to find a way for him to breath, normal inhalers won't work. At least Elliot is breathing again.