Chapter 14: More Problems, More Worry

*WARNING: Contains mentions and contains visions of past abuse. It had PTSD (Post Dramatic Stress Disorder). Also, character death. Possible depression. Please to not read further if you are not comfortable with it.*

Jim wasn't sure what it was. It could've been that his wife was in the sickbay. Or that one of his sons was almost dead, but was going to be okay. It brought back horrible memories.

Jim laid down on a couch in his quarters. A bottle of half empty beer in one hand. Four more empty bottles were strewn throughout the room. Malcolm would be staying with Bones and Alaska. Jim was alone.

He stood up, only to trip and fall into one of the bottles. Blood seeped through his pants from his knee. He sluggishly picked himself up and walked the bathroom. The bottle of beer had broken, spilling all over the floor.

"Ugh." He muttered, leaning back against the couch. He was shaking as he grabbed another bottle of beer and took the cap off. He chugged over half in one minute. The taste disgusted him, but it made his mind foggy and that helped.

Jim bent his knee, wincing as the glass dug deeper. He knew this wouldn't help anyone, but it helped him. Jim just finished drinking the beer in his hand, trying to full the pain. His vision was getting clouded, the world was swaying.  He grabbed another beer and managed to drink the whole thing in three minutes.

Unconsciousness took over Jim's mind, only he wasn't truly unconscious. He saw his old house, the one where Frank and Sam were. The door opened and Sam ran out, Frank yelling in pursuit. This wasn't the day Sam ran away, they were older when that happened.

This time was when Sam tried running away, but didn't succeed. Frank turned around to face Jim. Pure horror spread on the young Kirks face as the tough punch was delivered to his face. Sam screamed and jumped onto Frank's back.

Frank whipped him off and punched the top of his head. Sam crumbled to the ground, pain stuck on his face as he slowly lost consciousness. Frank turned around faced Jim. Jim slowly started to back away before he tripped. He still started to back away, horrified of what will happen. Frank jumped down to deliver another punch when Jim woke up.

"AAHH!" He screamed sitting up. He was covered in sweat, shaking. "What- what-" he stuttered, trying to sit up. The headache from the hangover took over.

He saw a figure standing beside the bed. He was big and muscular, ragged breaths racking through his body. "Hey there Jim." A tough voice said.

"Frank." Jim mumbled, closing his eyes. He opened them again and this time Frank was by his feet.

"You were worth nothing. I wish I could've killed you, gotten rid of your rotten self. You were a worthless child. I hated your guts. You were expensive and whiney. The only reason I didn't kill you was because of your mother. The horrible worthless women." Frank spit out, growling at Jim.

Jim's breaths picked up. His heart raced, pounding in his chest. Tears and sweat dropped down his face, his hair matted down. He grabbed one of the beer bottles and through it at Frank. It moved straight through his body add smashed into the wall. Frank just a chuckled.

"You can't get rid of me Jimmy. I'm here forever." Frank growled, moving down to Jim's level. "You can't get rid of me."

"Yes I can. GO!" Jim screamed, jumping up. He ran forward, running into the wall. Glass dug into his feet and his head. A loud crack sounded from his shoulder or his head, he couldn't tell the pain was so blinding.

Frank had disappeared. Jim laid on the ground, shaking and covered in sweat. Sobs wracked through his body as he lay on the ground. The only thing keeping him from ending it was his wife and sons. Including his unborn daughter. Jim slowly lost consciousness again, this time fighting it. He lost that battle.