Chapter 9: Quick Vacation

*one week later*

Naomi, Jim, the twins, Bones, Alaska, and Ellie would be beaming down to another planet that was safe. They all wanted a quick little vacation to spend with their friends and family.

Naomi had a baby carrier strapped on her back, the baby would be positioned in her front. Alaska was wearing one too, so was long as Jim.

"Enjoying your girly moment, Jim?" Bones asked, Jim, a grin on his face.

"I can probably convince Alaska to make you wear one." Jim threatened, smiling back. Alaska grinned and winked at Bones. Elliot was strapped to him, Malcolm was strapped to Naomi.

It was Naomi's first day of the second trimester of pregnancy. She was starting to get morning sickness and didn't feel the best, but she still insisted on carrying Malcolm.

They beamed down to the planet. It was filled with flowers and little streams, including a water fall. All they would really do is sit by this waterfall and have a picnic, but walking around would be great. They were all wearing some form of swim suits, the men wearing shorts, Naomi wearing some shorts and a swim shirt, Alaska with shorts and a sports bra like top. The babies were wearing cute little baby suits.

The babies crawled around by the water, Naomi and Alaska paying close attention. Bones and Jim were having a contest to see who was brave enough to jump off the top of the waterfall. They would have to scale a thirty foot cliff first, but the water was about forty feet deep by the waterfall.

Elliot had a fascination with the swirling water. It was a couple inches deep for about five feet across. Naomi kneeled by Elliot, making sure his head stayed above the water and he didn't drift away.

Giggling, Elliot splashed his hand in the water. He squealed with happiness whenever the water drops hit his face. Alaska sat in the water, holding Ellie in a sitting position. She could sit on her own now, but not for too long.

Malcolm was with Jim and Bones, he seemed to have a fear of the water. Jim would bring him close and he'd start screaming and trying to squirm away. Jim just held him on the beach while he argued with Bones.

"Does it feel weird to be pregnant again?" Alaska asked, glancing down at Naomi's stomach.

"A little bit. I look a little bigger than usual, but that's because it's my second pregnancy." Naomi answered, moving the tight swim shirt cloth around a little, trying to loosen it a little. She had a little bump, which Jim was thrilled about. He loved being able to see her stomach growing, it made him think about becoming a father again.

"I want another kid, but I'm not sure about Leonard." Alaska said, looking down at Ellie. "She's more than enough right now though."

"Just hope she doesn't start teething when Leonard's injured. Malcolm would scream when he was teething and that's also when Jim was sick from staying awake and not eating. Elliot on the other hand, wouldn't make a sound. I'd look in his mouth and see a new tooth." Naomi said, sighing as she picked up Elliot. He was standing on his own now and had been for a little while, but he's very very clumsy and he'd fall. Naomi didn't want him to fall face first into water.

"He's so precious." Alaska muttered, laughing. Before either of them knew what was happening, Jim had handed Malcolm to Bones and started climbing up the wall.

"Jim, don't hurt yourself!" Naomi yelled up to him. He did a quick thumbs up before continuing to climb. The cliff was at a slant moving down, so it wasn't straight up and it was a little easier to climb.

"I'm the braver one, Bones!" Jim yelled over the roaring water fall before he jumped. Naomi closed her eyes, not wanting to watch if something went wrong.

An eternity passed and she didn't hear anything, only the roar of water and Elliot's giggling. "I'm okay." Jim said from behind her, wrapping her in a hug.

"Thank god." Naomi muttered, opening her eyes. Jim's hands had some little cuts and scrapes, but that was just from climbing. They'd heal in a day.

"Blaahhh!!" Elliot yelled, pointing towards the bag on the beach. 'Blaaahh!' was his code for block. He sure loved his blocks. Malcolm loved animals.

Bones tossed one of Elliot's least favorite blocks from the bag, least favorite in case it got washed downstream. The instant Elliot got it, he threw it back and Bones, who moved closer and tossed it back.

Jim was holding Malcolm and Naomi was making sure Elliot didn't fall while he was playing catch. Ellie giggled at the brightly colored object flying in front of her, her hands reaching out to touch it.

They are lunch and decided to go for a walk. Jim, Naomi, and Alaska had the baby carriers strapped on while Bones carried the supplies. Elliot and Ellie loved being carried that way, Malcolm not so much.

Naomi's foot suddenly hurt. She stepped backwards, Alaska pushed her back up. She sat down on a rock and winced at movements on that foot.

"What is it! What happened?!" Jim yelled, panic in his eyes. He quickly sat down next to Naomi and took Elliot out of the carrier.

"I'm fine Jim, my foot just started really hurting. It's not so bad now." Naomi said, trying to persuade him.

"Fine. If you say so." Jim muttered, helping her stand.

"Well Leonard, you get to wear a baby carrier." Alaska said, smirking. Leonard sighed and put the baby carrier on. Elliot was strapped in, happy as he could be.

Bones glared and Jim, Naomi, and Alaska. He was not happy about this.

When the Sun started going down, they babies had fallen asleep. Naomi had Elliot again, Jim still had Malcolm. The Enterprise beamed them back aboard, Scotty laughing at what Jim was wearing.

"You have kids and you'll understand." Jim said before walking back to the quarters. Naomi followed.

The first thing Naomi did, was change into comfy clothes. Another one of Jim's old T-shirts and another pair of loose shorts. She wasn't big yet, but she still felt like she was pregnant.

"You're the most gorgeous women I've ever seen, you know that." Jim muttered, his hands on her waist.

"Even in this?" Naomi asked, her arms around his neck.

"Even in that." Jim muttered again, kissing her. The babies were still asleep, this time lying in their cribs. Elliot with a plush block and Malcolm with a teddy bear.

"I love you." Naomi mumbled, kissing him again.

"I love you." Jim repeated, picking her up much to her surprise.

"What are you doing!" She yelled in a hushed tone.

"Even though it's ten feet away, I'm carrying you to bed." Jim answered, a goofy grin on his face.

He gently laid Naomi down on the bed and kissed her. "I'll be here in a minute." He muttered, but Naomi was already asleep.