Chapter 45: Another What?

*one week later. Alaska is twenty two weeks pregnant. Nyota is nineteen weeks pregnant.*

Jim Kirk got a message he never thought he would ever get. StarFleet had sent him a message of utmost importance.

Jim Kirk had another son. One he didn't know about until now. The boy was now thirteen, making Jim sixteen when he was born. He somehow got Jim's last name, Kirk. So, his 'new' son is Chandler Kirk.

Naomi didn't know yet, know one did. Apparently, Chandler's mother had died and since he was a minor, one parent had to take guardianship. Or a relative. Chandler didn't have anything except a half brother, not Jim's son, and then Jim.

Jim had a no idea how to address this when he's millions miles away. But, he needed to talk to Naomi and see if Chandler could stay with her family or if Jim's mother could take him.

"Oh my god!" Jim sighed, putting his head into his hands. He was still trying to process the information. "I-I need to tell someone. Um um, Bones."

Jim jumped up, still shaking. Naomi was already at work, the kids at the daycare. He couldn't breathe well, his thoughts crowded. Stumbling, he ran down the hallway to sickbay.

"Bones." Jim muttered, his voice weak and cracking. His hands shook, as well as his whole body.

"Jim?" Bones asked concerned. Last time this happened, Jim was very very sick. "What happened kid?"

"I have a son." Jim muttered, slowly walking to a couch in Bones' office.

"Yes, you have two. Malcolm and Elliot." Bones said, stating the obvious.

"No, I have three sons. StarFleet messaged me. I have another son. He's thirteen. His name's Chandler Kirk. They were going to send him here, to the Enterprise. He should be here in two weeks." Jim said, leaning back in the couch, his eyes closed.

"I told you one of your one night stands would end like this. Even though I didn't know you, it happened. Does Naomi know?" Bones asked, trying to comfort his friend. Jim shook his head and kept his eyes closed.

"How do I tell her?" Jim asked, not moving from his position.

"I don't know. But right now, if you don't go back to your quarters and think this through, I'll hypo you. I'm really really busy today, Jim. I'm sorry about this, I am." Bones said, going back to his desk. "Alaska isn't feeling well from pregnancy and Ellie is a terror right now. Plus my job is usually stressful."

"It's alright, Bones. I understand." Jim mumbled, solemnly walking out, shoulders slumped. He walked back to the quarters and sat in the edge of the bed. "What am I going to do?" He asked himself, laying back on the bed.

"Bones, is Jim alright? I saw him in here." Naomi asked, catching up with Bones as he walked through the sickbay.

"Uh, not really. If go check on him in an hour or so if I were you. He's a bit... sick." Bones answered before busily typing on a PADD.

An hour later, Naomi went back to the quarters. She spoke with Spock and Jim wasn't at work, he hadn't even sent a message. She walked in to see Jim in the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Naomi?" He croaked out, his eyes welling with tears.

"Jim, what's wrong?" Naomi asked, her voice softening. She sat in the bed, making a small indent in the mattress. Jim looked up at her.

"I'm so sorry." He mumbled, tears pouring down his face. He sat up and crawled further down the bed to the wall. He propped himself up and started at his hands in his lap.

"What for?" Naomi asked again, crawling up by him.

"I have a son. Not one with you, with a different women. He's thirteen now. It meant absolutely nothing, it was a one night stand. The kid just happened. I'm so sorry. Apparently his mother died and I'm the only eligible relative." Jim blurted out, breathing in deep.

"You have...... another son?" Naomi asked, shocked. Jim nodded and held her hand.

"I didn't know till now. I swear. He does have my last name, our last name." He corrected himself, holding Naomi's hand tighter.

"Jim..... this.... this is big." Naomi muttered, still in shock.

"I know. I'm sorry. If you want to take the kids and leave me, that's okay. I understand. I'm a jerk and a failure and I deserve it." Jim told her, letting go of Naomi's hand. But she took his hand back.

"James Tiberius Kirk. Don't you ever say that. You aren't a failure, you never were. You can be a jerk, but I still love you. No matter what, I have always loved you. I would never leave you, damnit I couldn't stay away if I tried. I love you far too much, so do the kids. We all do. This is a major thing, it's crucial. It's bad. Very bad. A kid that isn't mine and yours, it's yours and some other women's. But, we are married. We should trust each other. I trust you to the point where I believe you with all of this. I would never leave you Jim, ever. I love you too much." Naomi said, tears pouring down her face. She snuggled close to Jim, who was also crying now.

"Thank you." He sobbed, holding her close. "Thank you."

"It was the truth." Naomi answered him, holding him close. They couldn't physically get any closer than they are now. "What his name?"

"Chandler Kirk. I'm pretty sure the message said his middle name is Michael." Jim mumbled, closing his eyes again.

"Chandler Michael Kirk. That's great." Naomi said, still hugging Jim. Still in his embrace. Still in love with him.

Naomi took the day off of work with Jim. They needed time to talk and resolve things before getting the kids. When they did, they sat the kids down to explain.

"Daddy has another son, one of your brothers. Well, half brother. He is thirteen, so much older than you." Naomi slowly explained, watching the kids faces. Elliot and Malcolm lit up, they started jumping.

"We get a brother!" They would yell, usually not in that order. Chris just sat on the ground confused.

"Chris, you get an older brother. Like them, only bigger." Jim tried explaining, picking her up. She nodded and clapped, probably just joining the twins.

"What his name?" Elliot asked, sitting down again.

"Chandler." Jim told them. Both twins tried pronouncing it, only to have problems.

"Chandler!" Chris yelled, clapping her hands. She got the word before them.

"When Cha-nan-dler here?" Malcolm asked, sounding out the name.

"Two weeks." Naomi answered them, only causing more joy.

The jumping and cheering tired them out quickly. They fell asleep just after dinner, Chris actually fell asleep in her dinner. Jim sat on the edge of the bed, looking over at all of them.

"Our quarters has two extra bedrooms we don't use. The twins could go into one, Chandler in the other." Jim suggested, shrugging.

"That's a good idea. And Chris can stay in here until the mission is over." Naomi finished.

"Did you mean what you said earlier?" Jim asked, crawling to the wall again and sliding under the covers of the bed.

"Of course. I love you." Naomi said. "Always have, always will."