Chapter 2: Dangerous Away Missions

*3 months later. Alaska is seven months pregnant. Elliot and Malcolm are 22 weeks old. Jim and Naomi have been married for a year and three months. McCoy and Alaska have been engaged for four months.*

"I still don't think this is a good idea." Bones insisted, walking behind Jim, Naomi, and Alaska.

"Relax Bones, it's an easy mission. Just observation. I swear." Jim said, trying to call his friends nerves.

"She's seven months pregnant, going on a mission isn't the best idea!" Bones insisted. Alaska and Naomi were walking ahead, listening to the conversation.

"She'll be fine! I'll die to protect her." Jim said, reasoning with Bones.

"You don't have to die for her! Just keep her protected!" Bones said, finally giving in.

"I will. I swear." Jim said, walking into the transporter room. Naomi, Jim, and Alaska stood and let the transporters beam them down.

The planet and mission was fine, until there was a rock slide. One rock hit Naomi in the head, causing Jim to run over to her.

"Naomi!" He yelled, holding her head up.

"What?!" She yelled, wincing from pain in her head. The world swirled around her, her vision like looking through a tunnel. Slowly, she was out of consciousness.

"Kirk to enterprise Kirk to enterprise, Come in enterprise." Jim frantically said into a communicator. No response except static. "Naomi is injured. Come in enterprise." No response.

"Jim?" A soft voice mumbled.

Alaska. Jim though, jumping up. He started to look threw the rubble until he found Alaska, her hand pressed to her stomach, blood oozing threw her fingers.

"Enterprise, Alaska is injured as well. She is seven month pregnant. Beam us aboard instantly if you get this message." Kirk commanded into the communicator.

"We got it back! Captain we're beaming you up." Scotty's voice transmitted through the communicator. Jim sighed in relief and looked over at Naomi. He would be on his own for a couple days watching the twins, that's for sure.

The sickbay was bustling and Leonard McCoy was busy. But then, his pregnant girlfriend came in being carried by his best friend. Naomi had a bad concussion and had to stay in the sickbay for a while.

The doctors locked McCoy out of the room because of how nervous he was. Pacing back and forth and back and forth.

"Bones, calm down. I'm sure Alaska and the baby will be fine." Jim said as Naomi can in. "How you feeling?" He asked.

"Headache." She mumbled. "The doctors let me come here for a while."

"What if something goes wrong. What is something happens to the baby. What is something happens to Alaska. What if-" Bones muttered to himself, pacing back and forth faster then ever.

"Bones, I'm sure they'll be fine." Naomi said, reassuringly. A doctor walked in and said the diagnosis.

"Well, the baby is under lots of distress, so we'll have to do an emergency c-section." He said, trying to sound comforting. "The baby should be okay, and so should Alaska. The baby will have breathing problems for sure, but we hope that's all."

Bones nodded and started to get in gear for a c-section. Much to his displeasure, he wouldn't be doing to c-section himself.

After about twenty minutes, baby Ellie Jane McCoy was born, happy and healthy. She weighed 5.0 pounds, big for being two months premature. She had Alaska's hair and eyes, but Bones' skin tone. She was truly adorable.

Jim and a very dizzy Naomi, walked into their room. "She's amazing." Jim muttered, looking down at the baby.

"You two are godparents." Alaska whispered, smiling at them. Naomi smiled, but then stumbled, only for Jim to catch her.

"Okay, you're going to bed." Jim said, putting his arm around Naomi to help her walk. "I'll come back. Thanks for us being godparents, it means a lot."

"Jim, don't come back. Keep an eye on her, doctors orders." McCoy said smiling. "Oh, and one more thing, keep your sons away from my daughter."

"Yeah yeah." Jim laughed before walking out with Naomi.

He eventually just gave up and trying to guide her and just picked her up. He carried her all the way back to the quarters and set her down on the bed.

"Sleep." He muttered, kissing her cheek.

"What about the boys?" She mumbled.

"I'll get them from daycare. Go to sleep." Jim answered, but Naomi was already out.