Chapter 12: News

*One Month later. Naomi is twenty weeks pregnant.*

Naomi and Jim were going to be able to video message with their families. They were still within range of StarFleet communications, so it was the last time they'd be able to talk to their families for about two years.

Neither of their families knew about the new baby or anything that had happened. They didn't know about Jim staying awake and not eating, but they will soon. Jim still hadn't gained the weight back. He never was a stress eater and he was stressed a lot. He just wasn't as exhausted or sick.

Naomi sat with Elliot in her lap, Malcolm in Jim's. Naomi's stomach was hidden by the ten month baby on her lap. Her stomach was pretty big now. Naomi was starting to not be able to see her feet. Only her toes were visible.

"Nervous?" Jim asked, taking her hand. Both of them were sitting at a table with a monitor.

"Yeah, my dads going freak." Naomi answered, looking down at her stomach. She had been able to feel the baby kicking for about a month now, which thrilled Jim.

"Your mom's going to be thrilled." Jim said, laughing.

"So's yours." Naomi added, laughing with him. "She'll notice you being so thin."

"Yeah, I figured." Jim muttered, the smile fading. "Bones seriously hates me for it."

"It's not your fault." Naomi said just as the monitor beeped. Jim clicked the answer button and their families appeared on the screen.

"Hi!" They all yelled, smiles on their faces.

"Hello!" Jim and Naomi said.

"Yay!" Malcolm yelled, clapping his hands.

"Aww, they're adorable!" Becca said, tears forming in her eyes.

"Ten months old." Jim said, moving Elliot a little closer to the screen. Only his head was visible.

"We have some news!" Naomi said, grinning. Everyone looked a little confused. "I'm pregnant."

Even though it was through a camera, the screaming was loud. Winona and Becca burst into tears. Nolan and Nathan were grinning ear to ear. Joey looked happy, but upset.

"How far along?" Winona asked, tears falling down her face.

"Five months." Naomi said, handing Jim Malcolm. She stood up, revealing the already big baby bump.

"Awww." Everyone whispered.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?" Nolan asked, curiosity in his face.

"It's a girl." Jim said, grinning. More screaming came from the monitor.

"Do you have a name?" Nathan asked, smiling. Jim and Naomi nodded, looking at Joey. He was still surprised, but a little angry.

"Christina Rose Kirk. Chris for short." Naomi answered, sitting back down.

"Awww!" Becca and Winona said again, covering their mouths.

"You didn't wait one minute did you." Joey said, finally breaking his silence. Naomi laughed at her father, Jim just grinned.

"Well sir, it's hard to wait." Jim joked, but Joey didn't laugh.

"Are you okay, Jim? You look thin." Winona said, changing the subject.

"A couple months ago, the Enterprise was attacked by Klingons. The ship suffered extensive damage, everything needed fixing. I refused to eat or sleep for about six days. I was sick for a few days after that. I just haven't gained the weight back yet." Jim answered, trying to look apologetic.

"Oh Jim." Winona said, crying again. For the first time in a long time, memory's of how weak and small her son used to be flooded back. How beat up and pained he always looked, the glow in his eyes when she came home. Tears streamed down her face as she buried it into a pillow.

"Mom." Jim spoke, but Winona just ran into the other room. Nathan followed in purist, Nolan right behind him.

"Block!" Elliot yelled, pointing towards the block on the floor. Naomi and Jim gasped, looking down at Elliot.

"Did you say block?" Naomi asked, a grin on her face.

"Block!" Elliot yelled again, pointing to the floor. Naomi and Jim smiled.

"Good job Elliot, Block!" Jim yelled, kissing his forehead.

"Was that his first word?" Becca asked, getting excited. Jim and Naomi nodded, grins on their faces. "That's so cute!"

"He loves his blocks." Jim mumbled, picking up the block from the floor.

"Jim." Winona said, walking back on screen. "This just brought back bad memories, Jim. I was a horrible mother. You deserve better. You need to take care of yourself. I don't want you to die Jim. I love you. Your father loves you, even though he never got to see you grow up."

"I forgive you mom." Jim said, smiling at her. "I'll try to take better care of myself."

The button in the monitor beeped that they only had two minutes left. "Only two more minutes." Nolan muttered, walking back into the room.

"I can't wait till you get back within range so we can meet that new baby!" Becca exclaimed, happily.

"I can't wait either." Jim answered, hugging Naomi, his hand on her stomach. The twins were still in their laps, yelling at each other the words they could say. Thing got out of hand when Elliot through the block.

"We love you!" Naomi exclaimed, waving goodbye as the image cut out.

"That was tragic." Jim muttered, helping Naomi stand up.

"I'll really miss them." Naomi muttered, laying down on the bed. The morning sickness had passed and now she normally feels sick.

"Me too." Jim said, putting the babies in a playpen. He laid down next to her and wrapped his arm around her, his hands on her stomach. He could feel the baby kicking. "I can't wait to meet her."

"I can't wait." Naomi said, looking at her stomach. Only four months till she was going to be born.