Chapter 11: Names

*two weeks later. Naomi is sixteen weeks pregnant. The twins are nine months old*

Jim, Naomi, and the twins were going in for an ultrasound to see if the baby would be a boy or a girl. Naomi's stomach was already getting rounded, much to her discomfort.

Jim held the twins, careful that they don't poke at her. They were chewing some gummy toys, happy as could be, when the nurse walked in. The instant they saw the bottle of gel, they dropped the toys and reached for the bottle.

"They love gel, don't they." She asked, laughing.

"I suppose." Naomi said, laughing. The nurse grabbed a little bowl and squirted some of the gel into it. He handed it to Jim.

Malcolm shoved his hand into it and giggled and the cold sticky substance in his hand. Elliot lightly poked it before taking some in his fist and rubbing it in his face. "Yay!" Malcolm yelled, pushing his fist into the blue gel. He still hadn't learned anything else, just yay.

"Alright, would you like to know what you're having?" The nurse asked as the baby appeared on the screen.

Naomi glanced over at Jim before nodding. "The crew placed bets. Some people are going to be disappointed." Jim joked, making sure the twins didn't eat the gel or get it in their eyes.

"Alright, well it's a girl." The nurse said, smiling. Jim was frozen in place, he didn't move.

Elliot dipped his hand in the gel and throw some at Jim's face. It stuck to his cheek in a blob. Naomi had screamed, tears forming in her eyes. Jim was crying while he was frozen, tears silently streaming down his face.

"Jim, we get a girl!" Naomi exclaimed, reaching her hand out and taking his. Jim jumped up, almost dropping Malcolm. He quickly set the twins in an opposite chair and kissed Naomi, sobbing.

"I'll have a daughter!" He said between sobs. "I've got to stop crying, I leave for work in fifteen minutes."

"Then everyone will collect bet money." Naomi joked, laughing. Jim smiled and nodded, suddenly realizing he left the twins with a bowl of gel unsupervised.

Both babies were completely baffled as to why their mothers stomach was growing, but Naomi and Jim tried to explain things. Elliot wiped his hands on the paper covering Naomi and poked her face. That's what he's been doing lately, poking things. "Blah" he muttered, poking her again.

"You sweetie, are going to have a little sister." Naomi told him, grabbing his hand. Malcolm was on her other side, curious as to what was happening

"You're going to be big brothers." Jim said, licking up Elliot from behind. Surprised, Elliot giggled and laughed. "I should get going." Jim said before handing Elliot to Naomi and leaving. He didn't look like he'd been crying anymore.

On the bridge, everyone wanted to know the gender so that they could pay their bets. Even Bones and Scotty were there. When Jim said girl, half the room groaned and the other half yelled in excitement.

"Pay up Sulu!" Chekov yelled, holding his hand out. Sulu reluctantly placed the money in Chekov's hand, which just made the seventeen year old grin.

Spock placed some money into Uhura's hand, emotionless as could be. Bones  payed Scotty and sighed, grumpy as usual. "Glad to see you made a profit off of my child." Jim said sarcastically, sitting in the captains chair.

"Have fun with a girl, Jim." Bones said, before leaving to go back to sickbay.

Later that night, Jim and Naomi were discussing names. Jim said that if it was a boy, not a girl, he'd want to able the baby Christopher after Pike.

"How about we use the name Chris. It can be a girls name. But we have her full name be Christina or Christine." Naomi suggested. "It could still be after Pike, that's why we'd call her Chris."

"I like ChristinaHow about the middle name is Rose." Jim added, smiling.

"Christina Rose Kirk. Chris Rose Kirk." Naomi said, putting the name together. "I love it."

"Great, so it's settled. Christina 'Chris' Rose Kirk." Jim said, grinning from ear to ear.

"It's amazing." Naomi said, kissing him.

"It is." He said, kissing her back. "We'll have our family. Jim, Naomi, Malcolm, Elliot, and Chris."