Chapter 7: Tegwyn Kinsman and First Ultrasound

Dedicated to cookidoughlilac

Jim was allowed to leave the sickbay after two more days. He was ecstatic that he'd get to be a father again, he yelled it the instant he walked onto the bridge. Everyone congratulated him, Uhura had screamed a little.

Jim sat down in the chair, beaming. Nothing could put down this day. Naomi would also be having the first ultrasound, the twins would get to come.

A young girl, Tegwyn Kinsman, walked onto the bridge with a PADD for Jim to sign. Chekov was smiling and smirking at her, causing him to look partially drunk.

After Jim signed the PADD, Tegwyn walked over by Chekov. She pulled his face close and pulled him into a long kiss. The entire main crew was shocked.

Jim was wide eyed, amazed that Chekov got a girl. Sulu was disgusted, he moved his chair and body as far away as possible. Uhura thought it was sweet, Spock wasn't so amused.

Tegwyn sat on Pavel's lap and kept kissing him. The entire crew was looking away at this, horrified. Sulu took a pencil and started poking Tegwyn.

"Uhh, guys. That's gross. Please do it somewhere else." Sulu said, his face twisted with horror. He slowly poked Tegwin until she got up, kissed Chekov goodbye, and left.

Chekov leaned back in the chair smiling. "That was a little gross." Sulu repeated, still a little scared.

"You're just lonely, plant boy." Chekov muttered, grinning to himself.

"What did you do last night!" Kirk asked, a smile on his face.

"You have kids, you know what happened." Chekov muttered, laying back in the chair even further.

Kirk grinned and laughed. "You have fun." He said. Chekov was still the happiest person on the starship. "Did you get drunk?"

"No sir, that's an offense to the rules." Chekov admitted, snapping out of his happy trance and going back to work.

The entire crew was proud of their young ensign, who had found a serious girlfriend. Although, if he broke her heart or if she broke his, someone was going to be in the sickbay for a very long time.

*Later on that day*

Jim left early to go to the ultrasound. Naomi and the twins were already there, both babies energetic as can be. They must have woken up from a nap a few minutes ago.

Naomi was already one the bed, her slightly bulged stomach open so the nurse can do the ultrasound. "You've already gotten a little big." Jim muttered, placing his hand on her stomach. She smiled up and him and nodded.

"I was reading and it says you will start to show sooner in your second pregnancy. Especially since I had twins." Naomi said, holding his hand in hers over her stomach.

The twins were making little babies noises and looking at Naomi's stomach. They seemed a little confused at the fact it was getting bigger. Elliot poked it lightly and immediately moved away, as if her stomach would explode. Malcolm grabbed Jim and Naomi's hands and pulled himself into a more standing position. He had been able to do that for a few second lately. Elliot was still working on crawling.

Malcolm stood for a couple seconds before falling into Naomi's stomach. He giggled as Jim pulled him offals set him in his lap. Elliot was still poking her stomach as if it were a bomb.

A nurse walked in and laughed. "Quite a family you've got." She laughed, sitting down at the desk. "I take it this isn't your first pregnancy?"

"No, I had these two boys." Naomi said, lightly tugging on Elliot's ear. He squealed and started giggling, rolling on his side. Jim picked him up and held him next to Malcolm.

"Twins?" The nurse asked. Naomi nodded. "Okay, then, you know the drill. I'll put the gel on and you'll see the baby on the screen."

Naomi winced as the cold gel was put on her skin. Elliot went to poke it, but Jim held him back. The nurse put the devise on Naomi's stomach and an ultrasound picture appeared on the screen.

"As near as I can tell, you're about nine weeks." The nurse said, still looking at the machine. "You can hear the heartbeat and this is your baby."

She zoomed into a little dot on the screen. "Wow." Jim muttered. Malcolm was now trying to hit Elliot on the head, no regards of what was happening.

"I forgot how tiny it was when you have a first ultrasound." Naomi muttered, tearing up a little.

"I'll go print copies." The nurse said, leaving.

"The baby's so tiny." Jim mumbled, still looking at the screen. His eyes were starting to fill with tears.

"I know." Naomi said, staring up at the screen. Both twins were curious as to why their parents were both fascinated by this screen, so they were looking too.

There was a knock at the door and Bones walking in, carrying Ellie. Alaska walked in behind, holding the ultrasound pictures. "We asked if we could bring you them." Alaska explained, handing them the pictures.

"Are you crying, Jim?" Bones asked, laughing at his friend.

"No." Jim muttered, wiping tears from his face. Elliot's face lit up at the sight of Ellie. She had been his best friends since the moment he met her.

"Man up, it's just a baby." Bones said slapping Jim's shoulder.

Alaska walked over calmly to Bones. She took Ellie from his arms and walked out, stiffening her back as she walked. Bones stood smiling, Naomi and Jim looking up at him, awaiting a reaction.

Bones stood there for a solid minute before yelling, "Wait, honey, I'm sorry!" And chasing after Alaska.

"He snapped." Jim laughed, looking through the pictures. Elliot and Malcolm kept pointing at them, making sounds.

"He folded like a piece of paper." Naomi said, laughing along with Jim. She looked at the ultrasound pictures of her new baby. It was still hard to believe that soon there would be another one.