Chapter 30: Never Let Spock Babysit [Pt 1]

"Captain, Doctor McCoy, Ensign Chekov, I do not think this is a good idea." Spock said, doing his best to hold baby Gracie. Tonight he would babysit them all. Elliot, Malcolm, Ellie, Chris, and Gracie. Jim, Bones, and Chekov were going to a bar on the ship to have a few drinks. Naomi, Alaska, Tegwyn, and Uhura were going to go clothes shopping.

"You'll be fine Spock. You know how to take care of kids. You know how to make a bottle for babies to eat. You know all of this." Jim insisted, trying to calm Spock down.

"I may know it, but knowing is different than acting." Spock muttered, watching as Bones adjusted Gracie. Spock wasn't holding her right and she started to get fussy, so Bones decided to help.

"You'll be fine. Bye." Chekov said before bolting. He was quite excited for tonight. It was his first time drinking anything with alcohol and he wouldn't get in trouble. He did that once when he was fourteen and his professor had reported him. Non of that would happen now.

"I wonder how much it'll take to get him drunk?" Jim asked Bones. He shrugged and laughed.

"First time actually drinking, I'd say two and half bottles." Bones bet, still laughing.

"Two and a half bottles and he'd pass out. One and a half to get him drunk. What we are betting here is how much till he's drunk, not passed out." Jim said, holding out his hand. "Forty bucks."

"Deal." Leonard said, shaking Jim's hand. Both of them smirked at each other before smiling at Spock and leaving. "Wait, Spock, if I come back and she says illogical I will kill you."

"Fascinating." Spock mumbled, turning around to face the kids. Malcolm had already gotten into some of Spock's chemicals.

Spock set Gracie down on the bed and took the chemicals away from Malcolm. He moved everything dangerous out of reach, only to turn around to Elliot pushing Ellie. She stood up and giggled before pushing him back. They started a little game of pushing each other, only to bounce back and giggle.

"What are you doing?" Spock asked, sitting down on the floor by them. First, he made sure Gracie wouldn't roll off of the bed. Then, he sat down beside Elliot and Ellie to make sure they didn't hurt each other. Malcolm sat with a toy that Jim had brought for him. Chris was sleeping in a rocking seat by the bed, her fists tucked up by her face.

"Game. It fun!" Elliot yelled, pushing Ellie again. She giggled and pushed him.

"Why is it fun? One of you could be injured. Injuries aren't fun." Spock lectured, moving them away from each other so they'd stop pushing.

Ellie started crying in Spock's arms. Elliot sat across the room and cried too. Spock was confused, what could he possibly have done to make them sad or distressed. "Why are you crying?"

Ellie and Elliot continued to cry. Chris woke up and started crying, who just woke up Gracie. Malcolm felt left out and started crying too. Spock didn't know what do with all the crying kids. He picked up Chris and held her on his shoulder while he picked up Gracie.

Gracie was only a month old, so she needed to be picked up much more carefully. It was hard for him to be pick up both crying babies and take care of the other ones. "Please stop crying." He mumbled to them, trying to calm everyone. He set Chris and Gracie down to try to handle everyone else.

"Food." Elliot and Malcolm yelled.

"Food." Ellie yelled too, mimicking the older boys.

"Okay food." Spock stated, getting the kids some food. They all wanted cereal. He gave them some cereal before getting a bottle for Gracie. He would give Gracie a bottle and then Chris.

Gracie ate quick, but Chris took a long time. Spock didn't expect that. He turned around to see Malcolm jumping in the bed. Elliot sitting on the bed next to Malcolm, watching him jump.

Ellie was no where in site, Gracie was sleeping. "Ellie?" Spock asked, walking around the room still holding Chris.

"There." Malcolm said, pointing to the curtains. Ellie ran out from behind the curtains giggling.

"Hiding is illogical." Spock told her.

"Your ilollical." Ellie muttered before climbing onto the bed. This would be a long night for Spock.