Episode 3: facing reality

It was evening, the sun slowly disappeared behind the houses. Everything still looked the same. Amy thought. It's been two months since she was here with her mom, dad, Robie, Ricky, John, and everyone else. Robie would probably stay with his father David these 2 weeks. Amy's mother wanted to spend more time with her daughter before she starts her official college carreer. Ashley is still in Italy. She would probably come back when Amy would be back in New York. Amy stood in front of the Butcher shop. Still not sure if she would get in or just stay outside. She felt scared as if she never went there. It all felt old, faded away memories.
After thinking if she should or shouldn't get in, she decided to take her extra key and open the butcher shop's front door were the sign was taped on the door saying "closed". It was past 9, she hoped John would be still awake or else this would probably become awkward. She stood in the butcher shop. Looked around and a little smile appeared on her face. It only has been 2 months but it felt like years.

Ricky and John were sitting on the couch. John was almost falling into a deep sleep until someone knocked at the door. Ricky stood up and John already expected it to be his mother.
Ricky felt nervous, like he never saw Amy or was about to meet a celebrity. He opened the door and saw Amy Juergens, the girl he thought he loved and had a child with. The first thing that came into Ricky's mind was how good she looked. How happy she looked, and how sexy she looked. "Hi, Ricky." Amy said with a stuttering, shaky voice. "Hi, Amy! Come in." Ricky made a sign that Amy could enter. "Mommy!" John shouted in excitement. John jumped into Amy's arms and hugged her without wanting to let her go. "Hi, my little man." Amy said while she cried a little bit. "Mommy missed you so much! I love you John. You know that right?" John looked at Amy. "Yes, mommy... I know." An emotional moment between mother and son touched Ricky right in the heart.

"So." Ricky said. "I put John into his bed. I'm sorry he couldn't spend time with you but it's late and i want him to stay on schedule." Ricky sat next to Amy on the couch in the livingroom. "It's okay." Amy said. "I understand, i always wanted him to stay on his regular schedule too!" Amy turned her head around, trying to avoid eye contact with Ricky. "So, how's New York. What did you do there, besides going to summer school?" Ricky asked, trying to make eye contact with Amy. Amy turned back to Ricky and made finally eye contact. "It's great! My condo is cosy. I have a job, so i can pay for my stuff i need there, and i will still be able to buy things John needs. And summer school was great. Now my real college carreer finally starts. Ow, and i saw Adrian too!"
"Really?" Ricky asked. "How's she doing?" Amy brushed her hand through her hair. "She's great. She and Omar live not so far from me and she's gonna get married. But i don't know when."
"At least one of us is getting married." Ricky thought. "And how is Ben?" Ricky asked, he just wanted to know if Ben got what he wanted. Meaning, Amy. "Well." Amy said. "He lives in the same building as me and i see him 24/7, and it drives me crazy. I try to be his friend but he still can't let go of me. I just don't want to be in a relationship with him because of... The past. And i don't want to.
" This was the first time Ricky heard Amy saying these things. Maybe Amy realized how annoying Ben actually could be after spending 24/7 time with him. "I don't know." Amy said. "He's still stalking me. And that creeps me out so i will never go back to him. I want to let go of the past. Amy wiped a little tear away. "And i came here..." Amy said. "To apologize about how i ended our engagement 2 months ago. I truly am sorry Ricky! I just wasn't ready after all to get married. And i realized it too late and i know i should have told you earlier but i was afraid to. "It's okay." Ricky said. "We did make a pretty good team but we can even become better friends!" A smile appeared on Ricky's and Amy's face. And then the unthinkable happened.
Ricky started making out with Amy. And she kissed him back without wanting to stop herself.