Episode 15: choices

Amy was sitting on the couch at her parents old house. Her mom was in Palm Springs with Robie.
John was sleeping on Amy's lap. She stroked his head. "My sweet baby." She thought.
Amy didn't know what to do. She knew she couldn't just live in New York, go to college and be pregnant.

She stood up with John in her arms. She walked upstairs and put John to bed in the room John shares with Robie, if he and Robie came over.
After she put John to bed she went downstairs, grabbed her phone and called her college in New York.

"Hello, Hudson University's secretary. How can i help you?"
"Uhm, i'm Amy Juergens. I go to college at Hudson University." Amy said.
"Please hold, i'm going to search your name in our files." The secretary said.
Several seconds later the secretary responded back.
"I found your files. Amy Juergens. Yes. What can we do for you?"
"I need to talk to Mrs. Miller." Amy said.
"Okay, i will put you on hold, as soon as she can answer she will pick up. Please wait, it could only take a few minutes." The secretary said.

"Hello, Mrs. Miller here. Amy Juergens is it, right?"
"Yes." Amy said.
"Is everything okay? Do you need more days off, considering your situation?" She asked.
"No, but there's something else i would want you to know." She paused. "I found out i'm pregnant and i want to keep going to college in New York, is that possible?"
"As you may know, we don't allow pregnant students here in our university. Because first of all, it gives our school a bad name. And secondly, our students don't always come from New York. I know you live in New York but considering you already have a son in California, and now your having another baby, we don't want to risk your or your baby's life to continue going to school here." Mrs. Miller said.
"How is it a risk?" Amy asked, wondered.
"Well, first of all. You live alone in New York. Which is pretty stressful, to be pregnant and alone. Plus your going to college, that's also pretty stressful. Stress is really bad for you and the baby. I know because, i was pregnant once, also in college and it was pretty hard to do all the hard work!" Mrs. Miller said, sincere.
"I can handle it!" Amy said, certain. "I know what a pregnancy is, i've been pregnant before."
"Look, we can't allow a pregnant student in our school but we can give you extra time." Mrs. Miller said.
"What do you mean by extra time?" Amy asked, confused.
"Meaning, that you can continue going to school here until you reached your sixth month of pregnancy, after that you have to transfer school's. And it's better for you to find a school in California. For you and your baby's sake!" Mrs. Miller said.
Amy sighed. "Okay. Thanks for giving me the information and for letting me stay until i'm six months pregnant."
"How far along are you exactly?" Mrs. Miller asked.
"I'm 10 weeks pregnant." Amy said, uncertain if she should have told her.
"Okay then, we congratulate you Amy. And after you transfer school's we will write you a good speech, for your new school, because you are a wonderful student!" Mrs. Miller said, sincere.
"Thanks, Mrs. Miller. Bye."

Amy hang up, she threw the phone on the couch and she took a pillow and leaned on it. She sighed. "What a pretty messed up everything." She thought.
----
----

"No, Ricky. I don't want to talk to you!" Clementine said.
Ricky walked in Clementine's house and closed her door.
"If you don't want to talk to me why did you let me in then?" He asked.
"You let yourself in!" She said, angrily.
"Look, Ricky. I know what i saw. I saw you and Amy kissing each other like you missed each other. So please go away. I really don't want to see you ever again!"
Ricky sighed. "Look, Clementine. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, but she started kissing me and i'm so sorry."
"But why, why did you kiss her back?" She asked, hurt.
"I guess it was a moment of weakness, like i needed her and she needed me." He said.
"Why did you need her?" She asked, wondered.
Ricky misspoke himself. Because the reason why he thought he needed Amy and she needed him was because she's pregnant but that is something Ricky didn't want to tell Clementine. Not yet.
"If you would just give me one more chance, then i will kiss you in a way you'll never forget about me. And i'm not in love with Amy. I'm in love with you!" He said.
Clementine's heart made this little jump. "You do?" She asked.
Ricky nodded. Uncertain of what he just told her.
Clementine walked to Ricky and hugged him tightly. "Then i'm in love with you too!" She said, certain.
Ricky didn't know what just happened. He said so many words at once that he told Clementine he's in love with her. He didn't even know for sure if that was true. "I'm lying." He thought. "I'm lying about everything..."
---
---

Amy felt alone, yesterday was the day she and Ricky kissed. Their kiss was so passionate. The first passionate kiss they ever shared. Amy didn't want to feel guilty about something new. She already felt guilty about a million other things. But thinking about it, all the things she feels guilty about involve Ricky.
The thought that kept haunting her were Ricky's words before he rushed after Clementine. "This is all your fault."
Amy had this feeling that he didn't only mean, the kiss they both shared in front of Clementine? It seemed to her that Ricky blames her for getting pregnant again. But it wasn't her fault.
That night when they conceived their second baby wasn't Amy's fault. It was his fault.

[Flashback scene]

A smile appeared on Ricky's and Amy's face. And then the unthinkable happened.
Ricky started making out with Amy. And she kissed him back without wanting to stop herself.
...
They were making out until Ricky unzipped his pants and unbuttoned Amy's dress. "Should we do this?" Amy asked, not sure if she should or shouldn't have sex with her ex.
"Of course we should. But only if you want to." Ricky kissed Amy once again as they lay down on the bed.
"Your on the pill, right?" Ricky asked, while he was kissing Amy.
"Yes." Amy said.
Ricky started kissing Amy's neck, and leaned lower. "I don't have condoms." He said. "But your on the pill so we can do this, and no one has to know." He said, sincere.
Amy seemed to be unsure. Did she want to sleep with Ricky again?
Amy sat upright on the bed and pushed shirtless Ricky, to the other side of the bed. "I don't know if we should do it." She said, insecure.
Ricky got closer to Amy again, and started kissing her passionatly.
"Maybe this could be the start of something beautiful again." He finally said, before Amy agreed to have sex.

[present day]

Amy was thinking about everything that happened before and during having sex with Ricky. Her thoughts drove her crazy so she decided to write it down on a piece of paper.

"He blames this on me, and i didn't even wanted to have sex. He talked me into it and i really thought it could be a start of something beautiful again. What kind of a fool am i? He sees me as some kind of a baby-making-machine. The only thing i'm good for is to make his babies. Instead of fighting for me, he's fighting for Clementine. I can't believe it. He wasn't like this. Oh why. I just should have married him in the first place. Maybe i didn't got pregnant then? All of it was for nothing. Leaving my son was for nothing, not marrying Ricky was for nothing. Moving to New York was for nothing. I can't even stay in college there. Their kicking me out when i reach my sixth month of pregnancy. I guess i should have dated Ben after all?
Why, Ricky?... It even hurts to write your name down."

•~•
"As much as I'd like the past not to exist.
It still does.
And as much as I'd like to feel like I belong here.
I'm just as scared as you.
I have nothing left.
And all I feel is this cruel wanting.
We've been falling for all this time,
And now
I'm lost in paradise."

- Lost In Paradise
by Evanescence.