Episode 21: the perks of being a student

Dear diary.
It's monday. It's been 2 weeks since my mom came to New York. I really appreciate her help and everything she's doing for me. Today i reached my 15th week of pregnancy, and my feet are a little bit swollen and i also have back pains. I can't stand the smell of coffee and i obviously gained weight. My belly is bigger.
I do feel a lot better now and i'm actually accepting my pregnancy.
I was afraid that i couldn't do this alone without a guy standing beside me or holding my hand. But i can do it alone, without a guy.... Without Ricky.
I just started taking my vitamines, i am pretty late. I should have taken them like 2 months ago, or something. The doctor got pretty mad at me for not taking my vitamines.
When i was pregnant with John, i didn't really take any vitamines so i don't know why it's such a big deal right now?
My mom is my saviour. She helped me so much, i'm happy that she came here. I don't know what i would do without her.
And i already found a college close to home, in California.
I won't be going to Ricky's college though, because i don't want to see him with Clementine acting like nothing's going on. I honestly feel sorry for her, because she's dating an unfaithful guy. She deserves better. And so do i.
I haven't heard from him in a while.
Nora, and Margaret called me to congratulate me and Margaret told me that everything will be just fine. Nora told me that Ricky needs to grow up. She's right. He does needs to grow up. I appreciate him taking care of John, but on the other hand. He has to. He's his father....
And here i am again, i started writing about my pregnancy and now i'm talking about him again."

Amy put her pen down.
It was 8:05 AM. She had to go to class. No one knew she was pregnant. The only two people in her school that knew were Ben and Mrs. Miller. She didn't wanted to tell people. She was already showing a little bit, so she hid her belly behind oversized sweaters.

"Amy, you'll be late. Should i bring you today?" Anne asked, while she was making breakfast.
"No, mom. I'm fine." Amy said.
Amy walked into the kitchen and made herself lunch, she put the lunch box in her bag and walked in a hurry out of the kitchen.
"Don't forget to take your vitamines!" Anne said.
"I already took them like an hour ago!" Amy shouted from the living room.

Amy walked to the bathroom where she looked at her reflection in the mirror. She was looking down at her stomach to see if she showed. She felt insecure about this and she was afraid if people might figure her pregnancy out.

"Mom!" Amy shouted.
Anne ran worried into the bathroom. She thought something had happened.
"What, are you okay?" She asked.
Amy nodded. "Yes, i just wanted to ask you if i'm showing?"
Anne looked at Amy's stomach.
She shook her head. "You can't tell that your pregnant! But Amy, you don't need to hide your belly!"
Amy looked back at her reflection.
"Yes, i need to hide it. I really don't want to make a scene in school.
"Okay, but you won't be staying there forever, so making a scene or not doesn't really matter." Anne said, uncertain.
Amy nodded. "I know. But i don't want people to know. I don't want them to think i'm some skank or something."
Anne shook her head. "You are not a skank. You are a brave independent young mother. You should be proud at yourself for taking matters into your own hands."
Amy smiled. "Thanks, mom."
Anne turned around, she just wanted to walk out of the bathroom until Amy stopped her.
"Mom. I actually have a question?" She asked.
Anne turned back around and faced her daughter.

"Why do i need to take those vitamines?" Amy asked.
"Well, vitamines are very important while your pregnant!" Anne said.
"Especially in times like this. Since you're under a lot of pressure with everything going on. And you need to stay healthy, and those vitamines help you to remain healthy throughout your pregnancy. And it's also a good thing for the baby. Because if you're healthy, the baby is healthy."

Anne smiled and put her hand on Amy's shoulder.
Amy smiled back, for a moment she forgot her problems.

She looked at her watch. "I'm running late, mom. I really need to get going."