Episode 5: confused

[2 weeks later]

George walked into the kitchen while Anne fed Robie. "George!" Anne shouted. "You have to knock before you walk in! You don't live here anymore!" George frowned and laughed a little bit. "So?! In case you forgot, you don't live here either!" Anne looked irritated. "Why are you here George?" George walked in and sat on the chair in the kitchen. "I just came here to see Amy, she's going back to New York tonight so i wanted to say goodbye already because i will be working today!"
Anne cleaned Robie's mouth with baby wipes. "Amy's upstairs with John, she's getting him ready! John spend 2 nights here. It was nice having my son, daughter and grandson here."
George looked at Robie. "Well Anne, don't get used to it cause you have to sell this house!" Anne's face turned into sadness. "But i like this house, so much has happened here!"
"Only bad things happened here if you ask me. George said. "Especially here in the kitchen." Anne laughed. "Yes, the kitchen is the bad news room. But still, we also had some amazing memories here." George smiled and thought about the past. "Yes, i know. Many good things happened here but you can't hold on to something that doesn't exist anymore!"
"Yes, you can!" Anne said. "That's called having memories." George looked at Anne. "This house is empty. You can't keep it just because Amy comes here once in a while. This is not a resort or something! Nora has her own place now. I live at Kathleen's. Ashley is in Italy and when she gets back she will be living with you. And having said that, you live 2 hours away with Robie and Mimsy."
"I guess your right!" Anne said while she held Robie in her arms. "I will sell this place. But i have to ask Ricky first, if he wants to rent this place and live in it with John, and buy it when he can affort it in the future." George looked irritated. "You forgot something... Or someone!" "Who did i forget?" Anne asked. "Did i forget Amy?"
George's smile turned into a fake one. "No, i'm not supposed to say this but i meant... Clementine!" Anne's eyes became huge. "What?!!" Anne shouted. "Is he dating Clementine? Since when? And why don't i know this? And how do you know this?"
"To answer all your questions at once." George said. "I don't know if it's a serious relationship, and i think he started seeing her a couple of weeks after Amy left for New York. And uhm... Ricky told me, the night he invited me for dinner and also right before Amy got back." Anne seemed a little angry. "So, he was engaged to my daughter for a year and they were together before that for months and then a couple of weeks after they break up, he has a new girlfriend?" George looked around. "Don't be so loud, Anne! I don't want Amy to hear this. I think she still cares about Ricky!"
"You think?!" Anne shouted. "She's still dealing with the guilt she's been carrying around for 2 months and he's already sleeping with someone else!" George stood up and placed his hands on Anne's shoulder. "Amy just needs to let go of Ricky, and he also needs to move on. And they both need to raise John. That's the most important thing here!" Anne put Robie down on the floor mat with some of John's toys on it, Robie played with the toys while Anne sat down on the chair.
"How did we get here?" She asked. George sat next to Anne. "We got here 3 and a half years ago."
---

Amy was packing John's stuff when she heard her parents arguing. She didn't hear what they were saying but it sounded serious. John was playing with some toys when Amy took a calendar. She was counting days and then she dropped the calendar on the floor and started panicking. She felt the sweat on her face and her heart raise. She felt a little bit dizzy so she sat down on a chair she still has in her old bedroom.

Her dad came upstairs. "Hi, Amy." Amy looked at her dad and stood up. "Hi, dad. Uhm... I'm packing more things to take with me to New York and i'm also packing John's stuff." George looked at the floor and then at Amy. "Amy, i came here to already say goodbye cause i have to work today. I wish you have a save trip and good luck with your college carreer, i'm very proud of you!..." Amy smiled. "Thanks dad." George's face turned into confusion as he looked down. "And, your mom is making me tell you this... She wanted to let you know what i know..." Amy looked confused and didn't know what her father was talking about. "Dad, tell me! Someone didn't die or anything like that?!" George looked at Amy. "No, but i don't know how your gonna take this. Maybe after hearing this you want someone to die." George walked into the room, while Amy stood behind him, and he turned around to face Amy. "Ricky is... he is... uhm... He's seeing someone." Amy looked still confused. "Seeing someone, as in Doctor Fields?" She asked. George shook his head. "No, i meant he's seeing a female someone. To... You know... Have sex!"
It almost looked like Amy's world collapsed, the three books she was holding in her hands fell on the floor. "What?!" Amy shouted. "Who is he seeing?" George looked down. "He's seeing Clementine."
Amy felt betrayed and hurt. Even though she didn't had the right to feel that way cause it was over between her and Ricky, but she still felt that way. She also felt that way because when she ended her relationship with Ricky, she thought she was in love with Ben. But after spending two months with him, it turned out that she wasn't in love with Ben after all. So she felt guilty for the past two months thinking about how she hurt Ricky and now he's seeing Clementine? But the worst part of all of this is that she had sex with Ricky, the night she came back from New York. In a sudden Amy felt like she got cheated on.
"Amy?" George said. "Say something." It looked like Amy got into a deep trance, she was looking at her dad but it didn't look like she was looking at him. She was looking through him. "Does John know this?" Amy asked.
"I don't think he brings Clementine at the apartment when John's there. But why don't you ask John? he's right there!" Amy looked at John. He was playing with his spiderman figure, and he looked happy. "No." Amy said, annoyed. "I'm going directly to the source."
George's eyes almost popped out. "What?" He said. "Your gonna ask Ricky about his love life?" 
"Please." Amy said. "You mean his sex life!" George looked at her, trying to talk her out of it. "But Amy, it's none of your business!"
Amy walked out of the room with John. "Dad, it is my business, since me and Ricky have a son. And now i know why i could keep John for 2 nights, so he could have a little bit fun. I show him fun!" Amy said very irritated and angry. Amy and John walked out of the room, they walked downstairs, out of the kitchen and got into the car.

Anne was playing a game with Robie in the livingroom when George walked back into the room. "So?" Anne asked. "How did she reacted?" George looked as if he just ate something wrong. "Oh, that Amy! She totally lost it." 
"She did?" Anne asked. George nodded. "She just told me she's gonna go right to the source to find it out."
Anne shook her head. "Couldn't you stop her?"
"No." George said. "I think she's old enough now, to know the difference between right and wrong." Anne placed her hands on her waist. "I don't think she knows what she's doing." George shrugged. "She never knew what she was doing! She didn't know what she was doing at band camp, she didn't know what she was doing when she was pregnant and she also didn't know what she was doing when she fake-married Ben, and then had a relationship with Ricky. She didn't know what she was doing when she moved in with Ricky and when she and Ricky got engaged. She didn't know what she was doing when she decided to end her engagement and go to New York." George looked at Anne with serious eyes. "That Amy, never knows what she's doing."