Episode 26: uncovered part 1

January 8th 2014, 6:30 PM.

"I don't want to ask you for permission, but i really have the urge to kiss you. Can i kiss you?" He asked.
Amy's heart made a little jump. She didn't expect this to happen. A smile appeared on her face. "Yes, you can." She said.
He slowly started to kiss her. When his lips touched hers, they both felt connected.
"Wow." He said after he pulled away.
"Wow!" She smiled.

{24 hours earlier}

"Amy. I got your meds!" Anne shouted while she closed the front door.
"Amy?"
Anne walked to the kitchen and put the groceries and the medications down. She walked to Amy's room.
Amy was sitting on her bed. She was wearing some comfy clothes and her hair was in a bun.
"Amy? Why didn't you respond back?" She asked.
Amy seemed to be nervous. She was holding her phone in one hand and a note in the other.
"Mom, i'm in the middle of something." She said, not making any kind of eye contact with her mother.
"In the middle of what?" Anne asked.
Amy sighed and looked at her mom.
"Do you remember when i was in the hospital. Do you remember my doctor. Dr. Drey?"
Anne nodded. "Yes, i remember that guy pretty much. And i do believe he winked at you?" Anne asked, frowning.
"Well." Amy said. "He gave me his number, and he basically told me in this note that he's interested in me." She said, in an excited way.
Anne seemed to be confused and wasn't sure if she heard her right.
"What note?" She asked.
Amy looked at the note she was holding in her hand. She didn't know if she should give it to her mother? She knew that her mother's reaction would be negative towards it. And she would probably be right since Amy's having a baby with her ex. All the negative thoughts were driving her crazy.

She sighed. She handed the note to her mom.

Anne took the note and opened it. She looked confused.
"This is odd." She said.

"Why is it odd?"

"Why?" Anne asked, wondered.
"Why would a doctor ever wanna go out with an 18 year old girl with a son and an unborn baby?"
Amy looked down. "I know that this is wrong and probably inappropriate but why can't i go out with him?"
Anne looked furious. "Why can't you go out with him?! Uhm... I don't know, you're pregnant!"
"Okay. Mom, don't get mad. I just thought this would be something perfect to make me feel better? And what bad thing could ever happen? I mean, i am already pregnant." Amy laughed.
"And what do you mean by that, that you're already pregnant? Are you planning to have sex with this guy, is that what you want?" Anne asked furiously.
Amy shook her head. "No, of course not! I would never have sex while i'm pregnant! I was just saying... After everything that i've been through, and after everything that i'm still going through, i can't have one date?"
Anne sighed. "I don't want to take anything away from you Amy! Especially not love. But you know that your not going to stay here in New York. I want to spare you the heart break when we move back home. And your not even going to continue college for now. You signed yourself out. And your not gonna transfer schools either. We're going back to California soon, remember that. And remember to take care of yourself. This is not taking care of yourself! All the decisions you will be making in the near future will be for the sake of your baby. You do realize that, right? And you do realize that you have a condition and that you should rest? You shouldn't even consider dating!"
Amy nodded. "Believe me mom. I realize all of that. But i just want to have fun for once in my life. Remember when you said that i'm only young once, and that i should have a little bit of fun?"
Anne thought about it, but she couldn't remember it. "When did i say that?"
"You told me that when i was pregnant with John, but before i told you that i was pregnant.
Anne smiled.
"You are young Amy. And when i said that i didn't know you were even pregnant. I wasn't even considering a pregnancy at age fiftheen. But you're strong and you survived a lot. You've been through a lot. You made the best out of the hardest situation. But you also made mistakes. And yes people learn from their mistakes. I believe that you learned from your bad choices in life. And let's face it, mistakes are there to be made. But you can't keep making mistakes Amy! Sometimes you don't need love, or to be loved. Sometimes you need to be strong and you need to be happy on your own. Because when no one else is around, you will have you. And only you!"
She sighed.
"You don't know what it is to be by yourself without anyone's back. You had me, your father and Ricky in all of this. You even had Ben. Do you really need to put yourself in this position again and base your life on someone else's? I just want you to live your life Amy. I want you to be really happy and to be able to say that you're happy."

Amy wiped an upcoming tear away.

"And i want to become happy too mom. And i believe that i will be happy someday. But for now i have to do something about my happiness and i have to listen to my heart, for once."

Anne sighed. She felt like she preached for nothing.

"And you have to always remember that you have a son, that you're pregnant at this very moment. And you know that i can't tell you to have a little bit of fun because you have other responsibilities in your life. And every life is different. Every struggle is different. But this is your struggle and these are the consequences of the choices you once made. This is your life!"

Amy sighed. "I know that. I know that this is my life. And i will be there for John and this baby. I love John and i love this baby. I love them, okay! But i'm not going to do anything that might jeopardize that."
She sighed.
"And yes i know that we will go back to California soon. And that my life as a mother will continue. And that i will have to see Ricky again, and face him. I realize all of that. But can't i have at least one normal experience in my life, as long as i'm still here?"

"So you think it's smart to date this guy while you're 6 months pregnant with your ex. While having an almost 4 year old son, and having Preeclampsia. All of it makes this a normal experience in your life?" Anne asked.

Amy shook her head. "No, it's not normal. Not at all. But i want to make this as normal possible. For once in my life."

Anne looked furious. She brushed her hand through her hair.
"You don't even know his first name!" She shouted. Trying to make Amy understand the bad choices she will be making.
"So? I will figure his name out, after i get to know him!" She shouted back.

Anne nodded and sighed. She didn't understand Amy's behaviour. This was far beyond her pregnancy hormones. She was craving for something she would never have, and that was a normal life.

"If that's what you want?"

"That's what i want, mom. For now anyway.

Anne gave the note back to Amy and turned around.
"Oh, before i forget. I talked to Ricky about your condition."
Amy looked up.
"What did he say?"

"He didn't wanted me to tell you yet. He wants to talk to you. But all i can say is that he sounded very sorry."

Amy seemed to be confused. "Sorry about what?"

"He sounded sorry for everything that your going through."

Amy looked down. A part of her was telling her that she should call Ricky and tell him that she's doing fine. That she and the baby are fine. That she will survive this. That she's strong. But another part of her was telling her that she has to call Dr. Drey and respond to his note. To go out with him. To at least have one normal thing in her life. To have a date, that would be a nice way to say goodbye to New York. But she didn't know what to do?
Calling Ricky would make her feel confused again. Confused about how she feels. And she didn't want to feel confused, because Ricky lied to her many times before, and she didn't want to fall for him no more. And calling Dr. Drey would open a whole new world for her.

It would open a world she wants to live in. A world she's now visiting.
"Why can't i start all over and do it differently?" She thought.