Episode 27: uncovered part 2

~January 15th 2014~

'Dear diary.

Amy here.
So much has happened in just 10 days.
10 days ago i lost my consciousness in the basement of my apartment here in New York.
I'm actually pretty glad that this had happened because... because of this i found out through many blood tests that i have a condition. A dangerous condition for me and my baby. The condition is called Preeclampsia. I've never heard of this condition before. But the doctor said that i am lucky because i have mild-Preeclampsia. Meaning that me and my baby are not in any kind of life danger.
I hope it's gonna stay mild, that it's not gonna get any worse.
I stayed in the hospital for three days. My mom called Ricky and told him everything what the doctor said. She said that he felt so sorry, so sorry for me. And that this is all his fault because he broke me many times during this pregnancy, making me believe that we could be together again. He cheated on Clementine with me, and got me pregnant. He chose her over me and now he's fighting for me? Ugh, i don't think so... But let's stay honest. I don't blame him. And i know it's not his fault. It's no one's fault. This just happened for an unknown reason.
I hope this baby will be fine and that i will be fine...
That being said... Here comes the bad part. I had to stop going to school at Hudson University and i'm not transfering school's either. I signed myself out of Hudson's. It was very hard for me to make this decision but i know i had to. For the sake of my baby.
I'm just gonna take the doctor's advice. I'm going to take things slowly. I'm heading back to California in two days. My mom said i shouldn't be worried. That she will take care of things. But how can i not get worried? There's so much to worry about... But sometimes i have to look at things positively.
Like, i went out with Chriss yesterday. Chriss Drey. He was my doctor here. When i was in the hospital he winked at me and then he gave me a note saying that he was interested in me. Which was pretty weird? I know. Like, who wants to go out with a pregnant teen mom? I guess he wants to?
My mom didn't know about the note until i had to tell her. And i told her that i wanted to go out with Chriss before i'm heading back to California.
Chriss is a really nice guy. Maybe a little bit too nice. He kind of reminds me of Ben. I mean, the old Ben. When he was still the romantic sweet guy like he used to be.
Chriss is 22 years old. He told me that i'm the most beautiful girl in the world. It was so amazing but amazing never lasts long...

[flashback scene]

Amy looked at her reflection in the mirror. She was wearing a long black dress, a dress that covered her six-month-pregnant belly nicely. She also wore some jewelery. A shiny, silver bracelet and necklace. Her long hair was straightened and loose. She didn't wear heels, because her feet were swollen and it would hurt her to wear high heels. She wore flat black shoes.

She took a deep breath. She felt really nervous and she didn't know if she was doing the right thing. But again, she never did something for herself besides going to school in New York. All those years she had to sacrifice everything around her because she is a mother. And she knows that she will be sacrificing a lot more in the future. So she looked at this as a gift to herself.

Amy turned around and walked out of the bathroom. Anne was still packing boxes and cleaning the apartment. She looked up and saw Amy standing.
"Wow, Amy. You look beautiful!" Anne smiled.
"Thanks mom. I appreciate it." She smiled back.
"So when are you leaving? It's past 7."
"He is gonna pick me up at 8. So i still have the time to panic."
"Panic?" Anne asked.
Amy sat down on the couch and looked down. She was rubbing her belly. "I honestly don't know if it's a good idea to go out with him?" She asked, insecure.
Anne sat next to her daughter and held her hand.
"You know Amy... So much has happened through the years. So many good things and bad things. Even though i preached a lot these couple of days to talk you out of it, to date this guy. I truly think you deserve to, (like you said), to have at least one normal experience during your 'teenagehood'. And i don't say life, because no one's life is perfect or normal! But every teenager goes out. So you deserve to have a date while your still a teenager... Because you are still a teenager! And sometimes i honestly forget that. And i need to remind myself that you're only 18 years old with a second child on the way.
Just embrace every moment of your date. Have fun. And prepare for your future."
Amy nodded. She understood what her mom was saying, she completely did. "I will embrace every moment. And i will prepare for my future, mom."
She smiled.
---