Episode 43: breathe into me PART 2

'I felt like i could cry a river full of tears... or even an ocean. I just knew they hadn't told me everything and jumped right to it.
I was out. I was under heavy medication. I couldn't speak, i couldn't show my emotion, or express my feelings towards the situation... i could only feel.
Even though my body felt numb and it almost felt like it wasn't there. I knew i was there. I was here. Aware of what was happening.
I was sleeping. My eyes were closed but something inside me told me i had to wake up, break free and fight this... but i couldn't. I couldn't wake up and break free and fight whatever i was feeling.
I couldn't move.
I was far, far away. Dreaming away in the pain that was left over.

But i could hear everything.'

"Doctor James?"
Doctor James looked up and saw a very worried looking Doctor Worthly looking back at him.
"Yes." Was the short response that came out of his mouth.

"I was just told that Ms. Juergens here didn't had Pre-Eclampsia when they found out about the illness in New York!" He sighed. "She already had Eclampsia." He looked down. "They misdiagnosed her."

"Wait. What?" He looked furiously and shook his head wildly. "Why didn't you find out sooner? This is unacceptable!"

Doctor Worthly nodded. "I know. And her medical records didn't get released until i threathened to go to the police."

"Who did you threaten?!"

"A doctor; doctor Drey?" He responded back.

"I don't know who that is! But what i do know, we can't stop the surgery. We are almost there. The baby has to be born now. I hope it doesn't come that far..." He sighed carefully. "But we're not responsible for a slight possibility of the death of the mother or the child!"

"What do i do?" Doctor Worthly asked.

Doctor James looked at him with fierce but also sad looking eyes.
"Prepare the family!"

'As they were preparing my body to die, i was trying to fight this illness. The illness that now started taking away every breath i took. I just knew i wouldn't come out alive. And i accepted that. I wanted my baby to live. My daughter.
I've made so many mistakes in my short life and i did so much but at the same time nothing at all.
I never accepted getting pregnant for the second time because i honeslty felt like this baby would take away my future and my decision to move on with my life and start a new one on my own. But she didn't take away my future. She gave me one. Because of her i wanted to live for her and for my son. Once again, i accepted a baby in my life. But i never thought it would be ending this way.
Never... not even in a million years.
'My baby, my sweetheart.' Were the only things i could come up with. I didn't want to say goodbye. I couldn't. I wouldn't. Not yet...

-

"Mr. Juergens, Ms Scott and Mr. Underwood... i'm glad you're all here. It's time... we need to talk."

"We want to know everything. You can't just walk away without telling us what the hell's going on!" A furious Anne screamed.
"I know." He took a deep breath. "I'm afraid..." he sighed. "She might..."
"She might what?!" George asked, frowning.
"The baby is almost born. They're doing everything they can to save that baby, but your daughter..." He looked at a scared looking Ricky. "And the mother of your baby... might not survive."

The world collapsed. Or it felt like it. George and Anne both couldn't speak or move their lips. They were astonished by the doctor's response. They were not prepared for an answer like that. Their daughter was going to die? Was that what really was going to happen or was this a sick joke, or were they dreaming?

Ricky looked into the long, white and bright hallway. A hallway that seemed like a never ending road. His heart was pounding fast. All the colors around him seemed to be fading away into his dark mind.

"We're going to do everything to save this baby and your daughter... We're not giving up on her!"
Was the last thing Doctor Worhtly said before he vanished.

~
'As i walked her into the dark,
She took her last breath,
But never said goodbye.
And... we all watched her
walk into the light.
The light that would be taking
her...
home.'
- the last lived life by
magic of essence