Episode 24: the hospital

Author's note:

Hi everyone.
Like i told you earlier... I decided to continue season 6. Season 7 episode 1, changed into season 6 episode 24. (This episode.) i deciced this to stop confusion and also because my readers (you) of season 6 didn't know anything about season 7.
So episode 23, was not the season finale, but the mid-season finale.
Anyways. Let's stop the confusion and let's get back to the story, where it left off...

-

January 5th, 2014.

"A hospital. A hospital.
How can something so small frighten me? If i was here for the right reasons, i wouldn't be so scared. But i am scared. It's scary to be here, and to lie here. But i'm here, and i need to stay strong. No matter what happens. That's what mom told me. I have to remain strong."

Amy opened her eyes. She was lying in a hospital bed. She looked around. A heart monitor was on her left. As she awakened, the heart monitor numbers jumped all the way up. From a low 10, it jumped up to a 60. The heart monitor was also connected to a strap, and the strap was wrapped around her belly.
As soon as she saw her belly, she panicked. All the lost memories came back, on how she lost her consciousness in the basement.

She was lying in a big and private room. A huge clock was hanging right in front of her. It was 8:30.
But she didn't know if it was 8:30 AM, or PM? It looked kind of dark in the room, but the reason behind that was because the curtains on the window were closed. She saw everything blurry. She looked down. She saw how an iv drip liquid with substances went directly into her veins, it seemed painful. But she couldn't feel it. "It were probably painkillers". She thought.

She was all alone in that room. It seemed like she was the only one in that hospital.
She sighed. She wanted to get up and know where everyone was, where her mother went?.

Amy was about to stand up, until the door of the room opened.
She was blinded by the bright light in the hallway. She covered her eyes with her hands.

"Amy, you're awake!" It was Anne. She came inside and closed the door behind her.
"Mom?..." She paused. "What's going on with me, and with the baby?" She asked, with hesitation in her voice.
Anne sat down, next to Amy and held her hand.
"Mom... Did i lose the baby?" She asked, with a hurtful tone in her voice.
"No, Amy. You didn't lose the baby. The baby is fine!" Anne said, smiling.
Amy felt so relieved. From the moment that she had awakened, she thought that she lost her baby. A huge weight fell from her shoulders.
"But what's going on then, mom? Why did i faint in the basement?"
Anne shook her head. "I don't know. I still haven't heard from the doctors. They're still working on that. Because i asked them to check on the baby first, so that's what they did. And the baby is fine! But more results will follow throughout the day, a nurse told me."
Amy's eyes widened. "More results, what do you mean? Is there something going on with the baby?" She asked, afraid to know the answer.
Anne sighed. "I honestly have no idea, Amy? They didn't tell me. I've been waiting all day for you to wake up. And for the doctors to tell me what's going on!"
Amy looked up. "How long have i been asleep?" She asked, wondered.
"Twenty hours." Anne said, nodding. "You've been a sleep for twenty hours straight."
Amy seemed to be shocked. This was very weird to her. It didn't feel like she slept for twenty hours.
"Is that normal? I wasn't in a coma or anything like that, right?" She asked.
Anne shrugged. "I want to say no, but i don't know Amy. To me it looked like you were peacefully asleep. But i don't know what the doctors think? They haven't told me!"
Amy shook her head. "Do they know anything?" She asked, angrily.
"I know that you're upset Amy. Believe me, i'm upset too. I haven't had any sleep. I haven't had a shower. I didn't had a chance to call your dad, because i didn't want to worry him. I'm gonna call him after i know what's going on with you. And then the doctors disappear, a nurse tells me that they're very busy with other patients and with you. So i am very upset and angry at the doctors for not letting me know what's going on here."
Amy nodded. She squeezed her mother's hand. "I'm okay mom. That's the only thing we know" she sighed. "Or i think i'm okay... I feel okay, but who knows what's going on."
"The doctors!" Anne said. "They know what's going on... And i should probably go find a nurse, to tell them that you're awake. Because the only thing they told me was that 'you must be very tired to sleep for such a long time'."
Amy nodded. "Maybe i was asleep? I mean, i don't feel like i woke up out of the dead or anything like that?"
Anne nodded. "We'll just have to wait and see what the doctors say. And i'm so happy that you're awake! Even if you were just sleeping or not, i am so relieved."

Anne left the room and walked towards a nurse that was washing her hands on a sink.

"Hi. I'm Amy's mother."
"Say again?" The nurse asked.
"I'm Amy's mother... The pregnant patient that was asleep for twenty hours. And the doctors were supposedly still trying to figure out what's going on with her?" She asked, irritated and angry.
"You sound... very irritated?" The nurse asked.
"Yes i am irritated. The doctors didn't tell me anything about what the hell is going on with my daughter and with her unborn baby? She just woke up after twenty hours of 'sleeping'. Which i'm not so sure about, if she was just asleep? And in those twenty hours, i didn't know if i should have been worried or not, because the doctors told me nothing! Like, was she in a coma, or was she just asleep? I really feel left out in this situation!"
The nurse nodded. "I completely understand. I would react the exact same way if i had to go through this too with my daughter. But i know as much as you know. The doctors are very busy with another patient. But i will look for the doctors, and ask them to come here and talk to you and your daughter about what caused her losing consciousness."

Anne nodded. "Okay. But please, let them hurry. Because i want to know what's going on... I... I even lied to my daughter... I lied to Amy.
I told her that the baby was fine... And i have no idea if the baby's fine?"

After hearing this, the nurse felt really sorry towards her. She knew as much as Anne and Amy knew, and she didn't want to give them false hope or anything like that.
The nurse nodded and squeezed Anne's shoulder. "Don't worry. I'm going to find a doctor right away."
"Thank you." Anne felt relieved. But she also felt scared. She took a deep breath and walked away. The nurse turned around and walked into the emergency rooms office, where she called a doctor.

"Dr. Shawn? It's Jenna. You have to come instantly.
"How so? Is it about the pregnant patient Amy Juergens?"
Yes, it's about Ms. Juergens.
"I'm in the middle of a surgery. Unless it's very important, i can't come."
Yes, it is very important doctor. She woke up! Her mother just informed me about it.
"Really?!... That is amazing news. I'm coming instantly!"
But doctor. Why did they had to wait for such a very long time for you to find out what's going on with Ms. Juergens?
"Because Ms. Juergens was in a coma. And i couldn't find out why she landed in a coma. But after i did some tests, i found out that she didn't just lost her consciousness in the basement. There's something more going on with her. Something small that could affect her child's life."

~•~