Episode 7: Love Bites

[2 weeks later.]

Amy got back in New York 2 weeks ago. She left right after she confronted Ricky about why he slept with her while he's in a relationship with Clementine.
She got a pretty clear answer, and left not being in a good mood. It's been 2 weeks now and she started college a week ago. But something, something felt wrong and different.

---

Amy was sitting in the library, studying. When Ben walked in. "Hi there!" He said excited. Amy looked from her book she was studying in to Ben. "Hi." Ben grabbed a chair and sat next to her. "I was wondering something." Ben looked nervous. "Will you take the opportunity to go out with me on a date?" Amy felt highly irritated by his question but didn't show him how she felt. "Wow, Ben." She said. "That's very nice of you, i guess... But i can't." Ben looked disappointed. "Why? Are you seeing someone? Are you seeing Ricky?!" Amy started laughing. "No Ben, i'm not seeing anyone. Not even Ricky." Ben looked confused. "What do you mean by not even Ricky?"
"I meant that i'm not in a relationship. I'm not in any kind of relationship. And besides, i don't want to. I just want to focus on college and my carreer. That's all."
"Okay." Ben said. While he took a book out of his backpack and started reading it. He felt rejected and uncomfortable so he decided to ignore Amy.

---

John was playing with his toys in the living room while his dad was sitting on the chair in the kitchen trying to study for his test. Until someone knocked at the door.
Ricky stood up and opened the door. Clementine stood there. "Hi!" Clementine said very excited as she walked in.
John looked at Clementine and ignored her. "Hey buddy." Ricky said. "Do you want to say hi to Clementine?" John looked at his dad. "No!" He shouted, angrily. He stood up and ran into his bedroom. "He really doesn't like me, huh?" Clementine asked. Ricky looked at Clementine. "I'm sure he likes you. He just doesn't want to believe that your the woman in my life right now."
"I guess Amy did a great job on brainwashing him?" Clementine asked while she sat down on the couch. Ricky shook his head. "What? No, Amy didn't brainwash him, she wouldn't do something like that!" Clementine looked slightly irritated. "So, your defending her now?" She asked.
Ricky didn't understand where this jealousy came from. "I'm not defending anyone. I'm just saying that Amy wouldn't do something like that. I know her i was..." Ricky stopped.
"You wanted to say 'i was married to her', didn't you?"  Clementine asked with bitterness in her voice. "Look." Ricky said. "I don't understand why your being so jealous? There's no reason to be jealous. I only see Amy as the mother of my son. That's all!"
Clementine stood up. "I can tell when a guy is lying to me. And i know your lying to me!" Ricky looked down. "I'm not saying you have feelings for Amy or anything." Clementine said. "I'm just saying that there's something going on. And i don't know what... Yet."
She walked out of the apartment with crossed arms and a disappointed look in her eyes.

Ricky knew he couldn't lie to someone like Clementine. She has had experiences with guys being unfaithful to her. And wanting her only for sex, just like Jack did. But Ricky didn't only want Clementine for sex.

Since the time he fought for his relationship with Amy, he changed. Amy did change him! That's a fact he will never deny. But he's not in love with Amy. He's also not in love with Clementine. He just hopes he can be someday.

---
Amy got home and dropped all her books she was holding in her hands on the kitchen table. She walked to the fridge, she looked at all the pictures taped on it and smiled. All the nice memories she had before she came to New York. But after she saw Ricky's picture on the fridge, she just opened the fridge with a frustrated look. She grabbed some juice. She walked to the kitchen table and sat on the chair. When she was just about to grab her study book her phone rang.

She looked at the screen and it said 'Ricky.'
"Why is he calling?" Amy thought.
"Hello, Ricky?" She said on the phone. "Yes, Amy. Hi." Ricky said, not so sure what to say.
"Why are you calling me? John's alright, right?!" Amy asked worried. "Yes, he's fine. I just called to ask you a question..." He said on the other side of the phone.
"What did i do now?" Amy asked, uncertain and irritated.
"You didn't do anything! We did something..." Ricky said. "So that made me wonder. Did you tell Clementine we had sex?"
Amy didn't understand where this was coming from. "What? No! Why would i tell her we had sex?"
Ricky paused. "I don't know. She told me she had this feeling that i'm lying to her about something involving you!" Amy started lauging. "So because of that you think she knows? Oh, come on Ricky. She's just worried you might cheat on her. Which you already did."
"O, okay, Amy! Thanks for nothing." Ricky said irritated. "Don't bother." Was the last thing he said right before he hang up the phone.

Amy dropped her phone on the table, and started to look worried. You could see the sadness and confusion in her eyes.
She stood up and walked to her bedroom were a huge calendar was hanging right behind her bed. She climbed on her bed and knelt down. She was counting days. '46 ... Days.'

'O no.' She thought.