6. The Fight

You know when Daniel said that John should be over the whole thing by tomorrow?

Yeah, well. He was terribly mistaken, let me tell you what happened this morning.

I had just arrived at school and I went to my locker to get some books for my first class and out of fucking nowhere John appeared and told me these words, "We are going to fight for Nikki after school at the football field. Winner gets to be her boyfriend."

I told him, "Wow, wow. Back the fuck up, John. I don't want to fight for her, hell I don't even want to be with her."

Did he listen to me? No. He just rose his big ogre hand up to my face and left.

I was so furious, I threw a book at the back of his head and when he turned around to see what hit him, I looked away and started humming like if I didn't know what was going on.

Thankfully, he just shrugged it off.

"Are you really going to fight John?" Dean asked me, pulling me from my thoughts.

I saw Dolph nod and take a bit off his sandwich. " I don't know, man."

"You know if you don't, you'll be considered a chicken and people won't stop teasing you about it until you graduate." Lana said. This is the first time ever that I've heard her talk, other than her giggles.

I sighed, "I guess I have to fight this douche." Leati placed his hand on my thigh, "Don't worry, I'll be there if anything bad happens." He said and gave me a wink, causing me to blush furiously.

"We'll all be there to have your back incase his other peasants decides to join in." Dean said.

"Yeah! I can kick some stomachs, Lana knows how to throw a few punches, so she can do that. Daniel can trip them all with his shortness. You three can do a super triple power bomb or some crap like that and you'll win!" Dolph said with a chuckle.
"But the thing is, if I win, Nikki gets to be my girlfriend." I said. Daniel made a confused face, "So?"

"I don't want to be with Nikki! I don't like her, she planned this whole shit from the start."

"That's why I never liked her..or John." Dolph said with a eye roll.

Leati pointed at him and squinted his eyes, "But you tried to steal Nikki from John."

"Ironically." He said as if it was so obvious.

"Guys! What am I going to do?" I asked. "Just beat him up and when you win, just say that he can keep Nikki because you don't want her. That's it." Randy said and got up just in time the Bell rung.

We all got up, threw our trays away and said our goodbyes. Leati and I headed to our last class and as we were walking, a guy with blondish hair came up to me and whispered in my ear, "You're gonna lose."

"That's it!" I grabbed the guy from the throat and slammed him against the lockers. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it, please let me go!" The guy said in panic as he tried to get away from my grasp.

"C'mon, Colby. Let the loser go." Leati said. I tightened my grip before releasing him and causing him to fall on the floor, gasping for air. Leati and I continued walking to class.

When we got there, we walked in and took our seats.

____

"You know you don't have to do this, right?" Dean asked me as he, Leati and I walked to the football field.

"I don't want to be remembered as a chicken, even if this is my last year at this school." I said.

"Don't worry, we'll have your back the whole time." Leati said and gave me a kiss on the cheek, causing my cheeks to go red and my legs go jelly, not literally.

As girly as this sounds, my heart flutters everytime he winks at me or kisses my cheek.

"Yeah, just focus on not getting a bruise or a black eye on that pretty face of yours." Dean said as we made it to the field.

Already, there was obviously, John, his other friends, Dolph, Lana, annoyed Daniel, Randy, the bitch Nikki, Brie, and other people I didn't care about that were just here to see the fight.

We walked over to the pack, and when we were there, I walked over to John and stood right infront of him.

He got up all on my face as if he wasn't scared of me at all. But I saw his eyes, they held fear. Fear of me or fear of losing Nikki. I don't know and I don't care which one. I just want to get over this already.

"Winner gets to be Nikki's-"

"I know!" I said cutting off some guy that was talking. John and I took a few steps back. I lifted my fists up and right when I was about to punch him, but he punched me first, causing my head to swing back.

I swung back around and gave him a fast and powerful kick in the ribs, he howled in torment but still raced towards me and tackled me down.

I gave him a sharp punch between the nose and mouth, it was powerful enough to cause a river of blood that had appeared out of his nose and gums. He spat out a mouth full of blood.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust and kicked him off of me. I got up just in time he did. I acted fast, I grabbed his head with both of my hands and hit his nose with my powerful knee.

He stumbled back with his hand over his nose. When he removed it, I saw that his nose was bleeding and broken at the bridge.

I held back a laugh. I heard a few shocked gasps and 'ooohs'.

John took one last glance at me, before he faintly closed his eyes and collapsed on the floor. A girl let out a scream as the others stared at me in shock. I looked over at the guys. Daniel, Randy and Lana looked shocked. Leati and Dean were smirking at me. Dolph looked amused, I saw his lip twitch at the corner. He wanted to laugh! I couldn't blame him, I wanted laugh just as bad as he did.

Nikki walked over to me with a flirtatious smile slashed on her face. I raised my hands up in defense, "I don't want to be with you." I said calmly.

"Yeah you do. That's why you beat John." She said. "No, I beat him because I didn't want to look stupid."

"Liar." She spatted, but like literally. Some saliva fell on my left cheek and I'm completely disgusted right now.

"He doesn't want to be with you, Nicole. Drop it already." I heard Brie say, sounding really annoyed with her sister. Hey, I don't blame her either.

Nikki glared at her sister then at me before going over to John's friends to help them with John's useless, unconscious body.

I sighed and went over to the guys, who have already gotten over their state of shock. When I looked over at Dolph, we both burst out into a fit of laughter.

"I'm never going to forget this day." Dolph laughed.

I smiled in accomplishment. Leati took my hand and led out of the football field to his car. "Someone's forming a bruise." He said and poked my now bruising up cheek. I slapped his hand away.

"Does it hurt?" He asked. I shook my head, "No, not really."

He kissed my cheek, causing me to blush. "What was that for?"

"No reason." He said with a shrug and then kissed me, capturing my bottom lip. He placed his hands on my hips and I melted against him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him closer to my body.

All of a sudden, I heard a honk. I pulled away from Leati's lips and looked over to see Pat waiting for me.

"I got to go." I said to Leati when I turned back to look at him. "I guess I'll see your pretty face tomorrow."

I blushed under his gaze. I turned into a fucking jellybean when he compliments me.

"Yeah." I went over to the car and got in. Before Pat drove off, I waved at Leati gooodbye and we were off.

I turned back to see him and saw Dean walk over to him. They shared a few words before getting in Leati's car.

He must probably giving Dean a lift home. I shrugged it off and turned back over to the front.