17. Ignore and Jealousy

I couldn't face them, not after what happened. It was Monday morning, I have done a good job at ignoring Dean and Leati through the weekend, but the week days was going to be a little complicated.

First, I have Dean in almost all of my classes. Second, the three of us have lunch together. Lastly, I have my last class with Leati.

I couldn't escape them! Currently, I was locked in one of the bathroom stalls, waiting for the clock to struck 8:00 a.m so I can go to my first period.
In any ordinary day, I would just go to my first class and wait with Dean, but this wasn't a goddamn ordinary day.

I sighed deeply and kept on playing games on my phone to pass the time. "Have you seen Colby around?" I heard a guy ask as he and another person entered the restroom. Me? Why are these people looking for me? I locked my phone and listened carefully.

"No. He usually is seating at our desks in first class, but he wasn't there." Hold up, don't tell me these two guys are Leati and Dean!

"Do you think he's coming late?"

"Hell no dude, he's always here early."

"Let's just go, we'll talk to him at lunch." Oh no you won't. I heard the door open and close as they got out. "ahaha..." I grabbed my backpack from the floor, unlocked the stall and when I opened it, I saw the two devils.

"How did you two know I was in here?" I asked as I slouched my back.

"Hmm, let me think. It's not like we haven't seen your backpack a million of times and those same black shoes with a safety pin on it on the left shoe lace since the beginning of the year." Leati said with hint of irritation in his smooth, sarcastic voice.

"Are you avoiding us?" Dean asked me.

"What?! No, of course not!" I said with a fake laugh as I scratched the back of my head. "Then why haven't you answered any of our messages or calls? Or wait for me in class?"

God lord..I have to get out of here. "Oh shit, what is that?!" I pointed my finger over to nothing and when they both turned around confusingly, I made a run for it. "Colby!!" I dashed down the hall as the the late bell rung in the background.

--------

Lunch. Why does it have to be lunch time? I mean, I am hungry but I'm not ready at all to face them. Stiffly, I made my way to the Cafeteria.

Through the periods before lunch, I sat in a different desk, instead of where I usually sit with Dean and when the periods ended, I would get up early and leave as fast as possible to my next class.

My actions might of angered him because when I was escaping him to go take the long way to the Cafeteria, he grabbed my arm harshly and tried to pull me away with him. I, of course, screamed, "Rape! Rape!!" And ran away when I caught him by surprise.

Now, I was standing infront of the open doors that lead to the inside of the Cafeteria.

"Aren't ya going to go in?" I almost jumped off my skin when I heard Daniel's voice and saw him standing next to me.

"I-I don't want to.." When I was done throwing up my guts out and hearing the big lecture from my mom after Randy had dropped me off at my house on Saturday morning, I called Daniel and told him everything that had happened.

He immediately came over to my house with movies, ice cream and other junk food to comfort me. I was, still am, really grateful for what he did, but that didn't excactly help my case.

"You do know you can't avoid them forever, right?" I wrapped my arms around myself and looked down. "I know that.."

"C'mon." We together walked in the Cafeteria and waited in line to get our lunch trays.