A New Friend

Sigh.
Marco rubbed his eyes as he walked into class. The brunette had yawned so many times that his classmates mistook him for actually crying because his eyes were watery. It's not like they actually care. He thought. Everytime someone asked, the boy would simply answer, "What? Me? Crying?" Then he would laugh.

Miss Skullnick's class went by slower than all of the others. Marco tried his best to stay awake because he sat in the front and would easily get yelled at by the troll-like teacher if he did such a thing. Suddenly, the classroom door slammed open and the brunette almost fell out of his chair. He looked over at the door to see who was standing there. His jaw dropped slightly. It was that blonde girl!

"Hi everybody!!!!" The girl sang and waved with one of her arms.

"HEY!" Ms. Skullnick yelled and everyone turned their heads towards her. "What makes you think that you--"

"I'M STAR!" She exclaimed excitedly, ignoring the teacher. The whole class stared at her with wide eyes. Star looked at them and slouched a little. "I'm um..new..here. Yeah!" She smiled brightly.

Ms. Skullnick rolled her eyes and pointed at an empty seat next to Marco. "I'll keep my eye on you." The teacher spat and the new girl quickly got to her seat and sat down. She looked at the mexican teen and grinned, "Hey...you're that balance guy!" Star said and karate chopped the air just like Marco had done the previous day.
"Um...yeah. Do me a favor and never talk about that again please."
The boy sighed and then flinched when he heard Miss Skullnick yell at him to shut up. He immediately obliged without a word.

~

Marco had decided to show Star around because it seemed like no one else would. One of the things he didn't like about this school was that not many people were welcoming. There hadn't been a new student in years so maybe that was why. Marco had expected Star to be surrounded by everyone because of her bubbly personality so he didn't really say or do anything to her to help her get around. When he noticed she wasn't surrounded by his classmates, he decided to show her around at the end of the school day and maybe actually become friends with her. He didn't want her to feel left out like he did a few times.

"—and that's the lunchroom." Marco exclaimed, finally finishing his tour. The blonde thanked him many times. She felt really lucky to have someone show her around. In all honesty, she thought no one would.

"Bye new friend!!!" Star waved to him, watching him walk away. She let out a deep sigh and looked around before walking in the opposite direction of Marco.