Confusing Confessions

"Marco, I think I'm going to leave Earth for awhile to find some alliances in different dimensions."

Marco shrugged off the feeling of hopelessness and looked up at Star, "That sounds like a great idea. Where are we going first?"

"No Marco, I can't take you with me." Star replied, eyeing his burnt hand. "I can't risk you getting hurt because of me again."

"I'm pretty sure I can take care of myself." Marco crossed his arms stubbornly. "Don't doubt me."

"I wasn't, I was doubting me!" Star banged her fist on kitchen counter, eyes filling with tears. "You see your hand? I did that. Marco I am so sorry, the last thing I would ever want to do in this world is hurt you in any way. And I-I don't understand h-how it happened..." She began to cry, not able to hold back her feelings any longer.

Star knew she wasn't just crying because she hurt Marco, she was crying because she knew she had to leave him. She was crying because she was in love with her best friend and he had his eyes on a different target. She was crying because her parents needed her and she didn't know what to do. She was crying because she knew she could no longer live with Marco because she had become a threat.

The fact that Star was just starting to learn that she was capable of terrible things scared her to death. She was completely unaware of how to control herself and she knew the learning process would not be simple. There was no way she was going to drag Marco into her mess and she didn't expect him to understand.

"Hey..." Marco stepped closer to Star. "Look at me." He cupped her cheek with his hand, wiping the tears off of her face with his thumb.

Star looked up at him, the hearts on her cheeks now tinted blue with small cracks forming.

"Whatever happened last night I'm sure you didn't mean it. I'm perfectly fine and I'm gonna be honest, I don't want you to leave me." He frowned, imagining his life without her. "I know things might be scary right now and you're probably feeling things you've never felt before, but you're not alone. You have me." His frown formed into a smile.

It was the fullest, most genuine, most sincere smile Star had seen from him.

"You saved me Star! You've given my life a lot more meaning. We can do this together." His hand moved to her shoulder.

"Marco..." Star's expression darkened. "I have to tell you something." She could no longer look him in the eye.

"Star?" Marco's brows furrowed in confusion and he began to feel worried. "What is it?"

"I lied about why I jinxed the doorknob last night.." Star could no longer lie to her best friend.

Marco blinked, still confused.

"I...I did it because I was mad at you."
"Mad at me? What'd I do?" His brows stayed furrowed.

"You-you went on a d-date," Star stammered nervously. "With Jackie. I locked my door using my wand and green light zapped the knob. I think since you were the creator of my negative feelings, it sensed you and electrified you as a way to try and dispose of you..."

"You were mad I went on a date with Jackie?" Marco crossed his arms again. "Why?"

Boys are so dumb.

"Beca-Because I—"

"You like like me?" Marco felt his face burn. He was unsure of whether his blush sprouted from this new realization or his anger. "You cursed the knob to zap me because you were jealous?"

Star sniffled and nodded quietly. "This is why I need to leave you. I'm a terrible person Marco...and-and once I'm out of your life then you won't have to worry about me ever getting jealous again! I won't be in the way of you and Jackie anymore and you two can go to the dance together and be happy."

Marco's expression softened. He sighed. "I'm going to be real with you." He took a deep breath. "When Jackie asked me out I didn't really feel anything, in fact she started to get on my nerves a little bit. I found myself missing...well missing you...a lot...during those times. I was so confused as to why I didn't feel anything when she asked me out but I think my feelings for her resurfaced when she kissed me. But there's something still strange that I couldn't put my foot on and I think it's you. Star, I like Jackie but I think I like you more." Marco felt his ears burn.

Star turned a bright red and she blinked, trying to process what was happening. She looked down, "I got in the way of a perfectly normal relationship you were going to have with the perfect person for you. You've liked Jackie for so long it wasn't my intention to ruin that, I'm sorry."

"What!? No! Star I can't control my feelings. It's not your fault."

"Yeah but Marco get it together! She's a better fit for you! Not me."

"I think I get to choose what is or isn't good for me." Marco huffed, suddenly feeling rather close to Star.

Star, still burning red, looked up at the boy in front of her. She kissed his cheek. "I think you should have some time to figure out your feelings before you throw away something I believe is so much more better for you." She whispered into his ear.

Marco shivered visibly, wanting to grab her close and plant one on her. He restrained himself and grudgingly agreed. "Wait a second...how did you know about Jackie asking me to the dance?"

"Oh!" Star spat nervously. She rubbed the back of her head. "I didn't know I just assumed." She fake smiled. So much for not lying to Marco anymore.

"Oh." Marco nodded and Star exhaled. "I think...I think I'm gonna go figure out those feelings." He headed off to his room. "But don't you dare go anywhere! Seriously, I don't know what I would do. We need to formulate a plan first! I'll work on it."

"Oh Marco, always so prepared~" Star said to herself and smiled. She realized she had a chance with him and suddenly she wanted to stay on Earth a little longer. After all, there was one way she could recruit people without having to take a long voyage.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Alright so the Q&A didn't really go as planned lol y'all are silly. But here's the answer to that one question that I can actually answer:
My favorite Starco scene would definitely have to be when they're dancing together at the blood moon ball! Everything about it, the colors, the movements it's just a beautiful scene!
Anyways Happy New Years everyone!
Love,
Janell