When the Party's Over (Pt 1)

(Brace yourselves, this one is a bit hectic)

Ring ring~
"Oh hey Jackie...I was gonna call you a few minutes ago haha, how are you? Oh, the dance? Err..I have something to tell you."

It had been a couple days since Star's confession. It had taken a real toll on Marco, leaving him frustrated and confused with himself for longer than 48 hours but now he was able to see things a little clearer. He ultimately decided to go to the dance with Star and after he told Jackie, he felt a giant weight lifted from his chest. Whenever he faced Star in his house he noticed his heart would flutter every now and then and did he mention the warm feeling he would feel on his cheeks? Feelings were present and he was becoming more and more aware of them.

I think I'm in love with my best friend.

Star had spent the past couple of days traveling to different dimensions and gathering recruits. There were nights she wouldn't get home until the morning. The job was stress-heavy but she never quit. All of her new friends were on speed dial and she had lots of fun meeting new people. She did bump into Marco every now and then and every time she did her face felt warm and butterflies flew around in her stomach. She wondered every day when he would tell her if he returned her feelings or not but she decided to stay patient and give him some time. The separation between them was very much needed, especially after her confession. It gave them the time they needed to breathe and gather their thoughts.

You mean everything to me, Marco Diaz.

Marco was in the kitchen making some late night nachos for himself. It must've been another long night for Star because she hadn't seem to return home yet. This saddened the brunette, wanting tonight to be the night he asked her to the dance. Maybe it was a stupid idea...dances are so cliche anyways!

BUMP!!

Marco's nachos spilled on the floor and he turned around, coming face to face with his best friend.
"Ahh!—Star!" He spat nervously. "Err-how are you?"

"Sorry!" Star helped him clean the mess. "I'm good, you?" She smiled anxiously.

"I'm good." Marco nodded, feeling the awkward atmosphere between his best friend and him. "I actually had a question to ask you...but I don't know if it's the right time orr.."

"What is it?" Star's baby blue eyes blinked curiously. Her wand rang. "Oh, one sec."

"That thing can take calls?" Marco stood, shocked as he watched Star walk away from him and realized this was another lost opportunity. Maybe it was a sign from the heavens telling him to not ask her to go with him. He sighed, eating a five second rule nacho and walking out of the kitchen up to his bedroom.

"Marco wait!" Star scrambled towards him, "yo-you had something to tell me?"

"Right, uh..I don't know it's stupid." He shrugged. "I-uh-would you-no um..." Marco's cheeks burned. "Do you wanna go to the dance with me?"

Star's hearts flushed a darker shade of pink and she simply nodded.

"Really?" Marco rubbed the back of his neck.

"I think it'll be fun." Star shrugged whilst smiling.

"With you, yeah." He smiled back.

"What about Jackie?" Star's smile disappeared when she remembered Jackie had asked Marco first and then they kissed.

"Oh-I called her and told her I was going with you instead."