On the Edge

(before you start reading this just letting ya know my writing sucks in the first few chapters and the story is kinda everywhere but I promise it gets better haha ily guys and enjoy!)

-

"Agh!"
Marco grunted, getting pushed into his locker by a few football jocks. They slammed his locker door closed and locked it.
Marco could hear them laughing and calling him names.
"Haha! Alright!!!" They all high fived each other and walked away, chuckling.
Marco had been shoved into his locker so many times that he started to really hate small spaces. He had a few tricks up his sleeve to get out though. Marco kicked his locker door open and quickly fell out. He wiped one tear from his cheek before standing up and looking around for his backpack. He spotted it in a corner and quickly ran over and picked it up, noticing it was empty. All of his work was gone. His homework, supplies, reports that were due today, and more. He felt hopeless...tired...and desperately wanted to give up.
He sighed and quickly ran to second period.

~

Marco walked into his house and greeted his parents before he darted up the stairs and ran into his room. He shut his door and sat on his bed, pulling his knees to his chest. Why did he feel so lost? He took off his backpack and walked over to the window, opening it. Marco didn't understand what he was doing. It felt so right to him. He carefully crawled out of the window until he was sitting on the very small ledge. He could fall at any moment and everything would be over, done, gone. Just as he was about to push himself off the ledge, he heard someone yelling at him.
"Hey!!! What're you doing??!"
A blonde, blue eyed girl, was staring at him. What was he doing? She didn't seem very worried or fazed that she was looking at some kid that was about to fall to his death.
"Oh! Um..I was just..uh..practicing balance!" Marco karate chopped the air and fell backwards into his room. Thank god. He stood up as fast as he could and looked out the window. The girl was still there.
"Be careful!!" She giggled, covering her mouth.
"I will! Thanks!!" Marco closed his window quickly and slid his back down the wall. He breathed heavily and attempted to put everything that just happened together. It was no surprise that he couldn't. He pulled his hair and squeezed his eyes shut, getting lost in his thoughts. Why did he crawl out of his window? Why did it feel so right but yet..so wrong? Was he actually gonna do it? And most important of all...who was that girl and where did she come from? What would've happened if she didn't call out to him?