Quiet Ferocity

"You shall rid his corpse after I speak a few words with him."

To Marco's disappointment, shutting his eyes didn't make the Toffee copycat disappear. Why did there have to be another one? Another strange looking reptile dude? Really?

"All of you leave now!" The new villain yelled, causing Marco to flinch. "Let me handle this."

As much as he was nervous, Marco kept his eyes closed. He hoped his shaking wasn't visible.

"I know you're awake." The monster sounded closer. "Open your eyes you fool."

The brunette opened his eyes to look at the monster in front of him. He looked like Toffee except he was wearing a purple cape that was ripped at the ends. He also had a pink jewel for an eye and was missing an arm.

"What do you want?" Marco spat, angrily looking at the guy. "Clearly, you have the wrong person so let me go."

The reptile chuckled, "I think I have exactly who I'm looking for. Living under this castle has taught me a few things. For one, you can spy on everything and everyone. I heard your conversation with the princess. She means a lot to you doesn't she?"

Marco stayed silent.

"I don't care if you talk or not. After I kill you, I think I'm going to use you as a way to distress the Princess and then capture her.  And when I finally have all of the royals under my control, I'll rule this kingdom and get my cousin back." The lizard smirked, "Oh, and this might hurt a little." he pulled down a lever which set off electricity in table.

-cut scene-

Star took off running to find Janna, Jackie, and Tom. She needed their help after what had just happened. She needed Marco back. Running to the left, the princess ran down the long hallways of the castle desperately while calling out her friends' names over and over until finally she heard her name back.

"Starship?!" Tom was the one to respond first, hearing his ex girlfriend's yells of panic in the distance. "Guys wait! It's Star. She sounds like she's in trouble!"

"TOM!" Star called out and continued to run.

"Star?" Jackie turned around.

Finally, Star saw them in the distance. She let out a sigh of relief and rushed up to them. Panting, she placed her hands onto her knees. "It's—Marco—he fell—when the castle shook—into this trap—this trapdoor." She said in between breaths.

"Marco fell into a trapdoor?!" Jackie exclaimed, horrified. "Oh my god, I hope he's okay!"

Star nodded and then stood up straight. "I couldn't open the trapdoor. Not even with my powers. It seems like there might be some underground tunnels that my family and I weren't aware of. We have to find him! Clearly there are more bad guys trying to attack us."

Tom nodded, "Where do we start?"

"Let's head back to where I lost Marco. See if we can find any way to open that door or maybe we can check and see if there's stairs leading to a lower area of the castle?"

The three all agreed and began to follow Star.

"Maybe your parents are trapped under the castle." Tom suggested. "I mean so far there's no sight of them."

The blonde girl slouched. "I'm really worried about them..."
"We'll find them." Tom put his hand on her shoulder. "I know we will."

"Guys, there's a staircase over here." Janna pointed towards one. "It has steps that lead downwards—"

"Perfect! We'll go there after we test the trapdoor." Star gave her a thumbs up.

"Do you think Marco is wherever your parents are? Shouldn't we spend more time looking for your parents?" Tom asked Star quietly. He was nervous about upsetting her.