Something To Live For

Marco had never seen Star like this. Never. Under her eyes were these awful eye bags. She looked so fragile and small. The sight of this made Marco's chest hurt. It was like his heart was aching. He hadn't felt this sort of feeling in awhile. He knew what he had to do. Marco was definitely going to reach out to her and make sure she was alright.
It was lunch time at school and Marco was sitting at his table alone. He was one of the few kids that brought lunch from home so he had to wait awhile before his friends would come to sit with him. The "tough guys" took advantage of this moment every single day. They would stare at him from their table, crack jokes, and laugh at him while eating like pigs. Marco was completely disgusted by them.
One of the big kids approached the brunette and looked down at his lunchbox, "What'd your mommy make for lunch today?" He laughed obnoxiously, "Anything I'd like in there?" The boy began to look through the helpless teen's lunch, picking out the foods that looked the most pleasing to him.
Star walked over to Marco's table with her lunch. She slammed it down on the table, "Hey!" The blonde exclaimed, "Leave him alone."
Marco was shocked. No one had ever attempted to stand up for him before.
"What're you gonna do about it, pretty princess?" The boy snorted.
Star slowly walked up to him with this look in her eyes Marco knew he would never forget.
"You don't wanna know." She balled her fists, speaking quietly.
The kid backed away, his nose scrunching in fear. Marco could tell he was trying hard to fight it.
"Freaking weirdos." He left and went back to his own table.
"St--Star that was...incredible!" Marco thanked her over and over.
"Marco you have to learn to stand up for yourself." Star frowned, "They won't leave you alone until you do."
These words hit him hard. She was one hundred percent right.
"I know. I don't think I have the confidence to stand up against them." He mumbled, chuckling a little.
"Of course you do!" The blonde grinned. "Look, you're my friend now. I'm gonna be here to stand up for you. I just hope you can stand up for yourself when I'm not here."
Marco looked at her. She cares. At this very moment Star had made him feel like he had something to live for, like he could do anything. (As cliche as that sounded.) A smile appeared on his lips, "Thanks Star."
-
-
-
AUTHORS NOTE:
Hey guys long time no talk! I wanna let all of you know how thankful I am for all your comments and all the reads! You guys wanted me to update so I finally did. :) I apologize for such a long wait for this chapter and I also apologize for how smol it is. Thanks for all your votes and I'll see you in the next chapter!
~Janell