12 - I'm Not That Girl

I do not own Wicked or The phantom Of The Opera this is a fan fiction.

-third person-

After a couple moments this time it was Nathalie who pulled away. A thought had come to mind as she had kissed Erik.
'Christine..' She had thought as she looked down.

Erik looked down at her afraid of what she may say to him. She had looked up at him with tears in her eyes as she reached up to gently set a hand on his cheek. She spoke as she was trying not to cry at that moment.

"Erik... I love you." She said but before he could protest she had kissed him again. Tears streamed down her cheeks before she pulled away again. Erik was confused as he reached a hand up to wipe away her tears but she pulled away. "I didn't want you to see me like this" she spoke again with her voice shaky as she stepped away again.

Erik was just dumbfounded by all that happened in the last couple minutes that he couldn't really say anything in return. When he was finally going to say something Nathalie spoke again.

"I'm sorry. But I want to be alone for a little while." She said before he went to reach for her hand.

"Will you let me walk you back at least?" Nathalie shook her head before saying.

"Don't doubt what I said to you. I do love you, and I do wish you would be able to return my feelings but..." She spoke as she looked down hair falling into her face.

"Nathalie." Erik spoke as he walked up to her and hugged her. She had buried her face into his chest. There was a couple moments of silence before he spoke. "Nathalie. I love you too. Please don't doubt my feelings for you either.. I just.."

"Just what Erik?" Nathalie pushed him away and looked at him sternly as another couple tears streamed down her cheeks. Erik looked down feeling his anger and sadness building up in his chest again. "I think it would be best if we both had time to think." Nathalie spoke as she turned to go to leave. Knowing her way back to the roof well enough

Erik didn't know what to think. He knew his feelings, but he thought he wouldn't be good for her. Yet when she saw his true face she hugged him, and then kissed him. Then she said she loved him! Yet there she was crying in front of him. And he didn't know what to do. When it came to Christine the most that they knew of each other was their musical abilities. Christine didn't even know Erik's name. Yet here was another girl willing to love Erik after getting to know him. What was he supposed to do? Nothing like this ever happened to him and frankly he was really inexperienced when it came to relationships.

"Goodnight Erik." Nathalie said like she usually would before leaving his lair.
"Goodnight Nathalie.." He replied under his breath before turning and walking into a different part of his lair.

-Nathalie-

What was I thinking!? Walking up and kissing him! Idiot! He could never love you not when he still had feelings for Christine.

When I was sure I was far enough away from his lair that he wouldn't hear me I leaned against a near by wall of the catacomb and slid down to where I was sitting on the ground, not caring that my dress would get dirty as I pulled my legs to my chest and buried my face.

For awhile I was crying. Before I had finally calmed down and slowly stood up looking down at my hand and remembering what had happened.

Hands touch
Eyes meet
Sudden silence
Sudden heat.

I started to sing quietly as I started to slowly walking down the hall to find my way to the roof.

Hearts leaps in a giddy whirl
He could be that boy
But I'm not that girl.

I found myself walking up a flight of stairs as I continued.

Don't dream
Too far
Don't loose sight of
Who you are

Don't remember that rush of
Joy
He could be that boy
I'm not that girl.

I stopped at the top of the stairs and found myself looking over my shoulder. I couldn't go back. Not now.

Every so often we long to steal
To the land of what might have been
But that doesn't soften the ache we feel when
Reality sets back in.

I looked down as I walked out onto the roof tops as I wiped a stray year from my face as I looked out over Paris.

Blithe smile
Live limb
She who win some
She wins him

Brown hair with a gentle curl
That's the girl he choose and heaven knows
I'm not that girl.

Don't wish
Don't start
Wishing only wounds the heart.
I wasn't born for the Rose and pearl
There's a girl I know
He loves her so.

I looked down as tears streamed down my now cold cheeks once again.

I'm not that girl..

( Short chapter sorry THE FEELS!!!)