21 - music of the night.

(I know I have written triggering things but this chapter is really bad. So warning!!!)

I sat against the concrete wall my body aching as I tried to keep myself from throwing up again. It had been confirmed awhile ago that I was pregnant. And I was only fifteen. I was crying as it had finally clicked in my head. How was I going to tell Dominick? He was bound to beat me again when he found out, or worse kill me.

But what did I care? My life was hell.. He could kill me for all I cared. I was worthless, even my own father didn't want me. He sold me off like I was some item. The guy I had fallen in love with chose my best friend Emily over me. Now I was stuck, trapped in a cellar with a sadistic man who used me as a toy for his strange games. No one truly cared for me and no one ever would.

I heard the door open to the top of the stairs and I glanced up for a moment before hanging my head in shame as the all too familiar footsteps walked up to me. I had been here for over two years and who knew when I would be able to get out again.

"My sweet little Amelia. How is your day going?" I heard Dominick ask me as he knelt down in front of me. I felt my chin was grabbed and forced me too look up at the drunken man. I could smell the alcohol on his breath as he grinned down at me.

He untied my wrists but kept me pinned to the wall behind me as he roughly kissed me forcing his young into my mouth. I coughed and tried to pull away from him. I knew what he was doing and he needed to stop. He had started to kiss and bite my neck.

"Dominick. Can I speak please" I heard him growl into my neck as he pulled away and looked down at me annoyed.

"What is it?" He asked me as he quickly locked me back up into the chains.

"I'm pregnant..." I said lowly as he only chuckled at me.

"Of course you would be." He said before sighing. "Looks like we won't be able to have any fun for awhile."

The next 9 months of my life he was very kind. He brought me warmer clothes and food meals instead of just the bread he usual did. He didn't beat me and he changed the chains so it was only around my neck like a Collar. He gave me an old mattress to sleep on instead of the cold ground. He even started to spend more time with me down in the cellar.

I started to actually respect him and for once I was slightly happy for the two years that I was there.

But then came the day the baby had come. A nurse came down and helped with the procedure and once the baby was born and cleaned o was allowed to hold him. I named the small boy Xavier. I loved him so much even at my age.

But one night not even a week after the baby was born I had angered Dominick on accident when he had made Xavier cry.

"I didn't have to be kind to you!  I didn't have to let this wretched demon be born!" He yelled at me as Xavier was screaming. "And this is how you repay me!? By throwing me away like some sort of garbage!" He yelled as tears streamed down my face. "Let me show you how garbage should be treated!" He said as he had picked up Xavier by his neck as the small form squirmed and cried. I watched as Dominick murdererd our child before my eyes, throwing him to the the concrete wall and kicking him like he had me.

I woke up with tears in my eyes sitting up as I ran a hand through my hair. A sharp pain ran through me as I looked around. I was back in the swan bed in Erik's lair.

I felt gentle arms wrap around me and pull me back down to lay down on Erik's chest. I looked at him seeing his half lidded eyes staring down at me as he petted my hair.

Tears started streaming down my face as I buried my face into his chest gripping onto his shirt as I cried. He slowly sat up so his back was against the head board of the bed. I started to hear him singing softly to me.

Night time, sharpens
Heightens each sensation
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination
Silently the senses abandon their defenses

I started to relax a bit in his arms

Slowly, gently
Night unfurls its splendor
Grasp it, sense it
Tremulous and tender
Turn your face away from the garish light of day
Turn your thoughts away from the cold unfeeling light
And listen to the music of the night.

The tears that had been streaming down my face slowed down as I nuzzled into Erik.

Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams
Purge all thoughts from the life you knew before
Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar
And you'll live as you'll never live before

Softly, deftly, music shall caress you
Hear it, feel it, secretly possess you
Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind
In this darkness that you know you can not fight
The darkness of the music of the night.

Let your mind start a journey to a strange new world
Leave all thoughts of the life you knew before
Let your soul take you were you long to be
Only then.. Can you belong to me...

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication
Touch me, trust me, savory each sensation
Let the dream begin
Let your darker side give in
To the power of the music that I write
The power of the music of the night

You alone can make my song take flight...
Help me make the music of the night...

-Erik-

I looked down at Nathalie who was now asleep once again. I woke up to her having a night terror. I thought it would be best to calm her in some way and this is what I had come up with.

I couldn't help but wonder though what exactly caused her to have such a dream for her to wake up screaming. But whatever it was it must have upset her for her to be crying so much.

Once she was asleep again I lowered the both of us down and covered us once again with the covers as I myself slowly drifted back to sleep.