19 - The mini Music box and My saviour.

(I do not own Pan's Labyrinth I just thought it was a pretty song and that it would fit well with this scene)

-Nathalie-

I sat alone listening to the music coming from the bracelete. the one thing that Dominick was kind enough to leave me. I leaned against the concrete wall while still sitting on my legs and rested my head back. I closed my eyes as I tried to relax. I was beginning to loose hope of ever getting out of here. I soon lost consciousness from blood loss as I listened to the beautiful tune playing a couple times through.

-Erik-

I hid in the shadows one of the things I was best at trying to find some way to get to the cellar. Thats when I saw Dominick. The anger building as i watched him behind a corner. He stepped out from a door and locked it sliding the key into his jacket pocket. He smirked as he walked off. I assumed that, that room was where Nathalie was. Otherwise why would he need to lock it?

When I was sure the coast was clear I slowly went to the door and looked at the lock to see if it was something I would be able to pick. Sadly though it wasn't There were multiple locks. The other ones I could pick, but there was one that I wouldn't be able to. One that needed that key.

I sigh heavily i would have to wait a couple ours to be able to sneak into where ever it was Dominick was to steal the key. So I fallowed him secretly, having to knock out a couple guards and having to hide them away. Why did he need so many guards? If he was an evil of a man that Nathalie made him out to be in her writing, that I could understand that. He probably had a lot of people wanting him dead. One being me. I had a rope with a noose tied in it already ready to be used if i needed to. Or if this Dominick managed to piss me off enough that I would want to go through with it.

I waited until I would be able to tell he was sleeping. I was able to hear his soft snoring coming from his bedroom Which I knew was unlocked. I had done a couple things like this before to be able to sneak into a room without making any noise. It was a lot easier now than it used to be. I had mastered to be able to go through rooms without waking those sleeping. There had been times that I wanted to take walks through the opera house, so I would have needed to know such things that way I could sneak through without waking them

I snuck into the room with ease and found the coat he was wearing earlier. But the key wasn't there. I silently cursed in my mind before sneaking around the room looking through things quietly. I soon found the key in a secret place. He had a desk in his bedroom and one of the drawers had a secret bottom. Here he had pictures of my sweet nathalie from when she was a child, locked away in his cellar, to now. I took a deep breathe. Telling myself that now wouldn't be a good time. I needed to get Nathalie out of here first. I would hide her in the catacombs.. in my Lair until Dominick was taken care of.

I took the key and put everything back exactly how it was before, then I snuck from the room and silently closed the door heading to the secret door that he had locked before. i picked the other locks and headed down the stairs.  I closed the door behind me silently as I heard the soft tune of the music box I had given Nathalie ringing through the cellar. What I saw made me want to kill Dominick even more.

I saw an unconscious Nathalie in chains and ropes tied around her. In a torn blood stained white dress, pale and covered in bruises and cuts. I walked over to her and knelt beside her. She was so thin. She had to have been ill at this point. I gently looked at her before I heard a chuckle behind me.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" I heard a voice from behind me as I turned to see Dominick standing there. I glared at him. The music box had stopped as I glanced over at Nathalie she was still breathing but very little. "Is this the famous Erik I've been hearing about?" I heard him say smugly as I growled and glared at the man before me.

"Let her go she needs medical treatment." I said the man quickly drew a sword but so did I. He grinned at me before looking at the unconscious Nathalie.

"Why would I let go of such a beautiful prize?" he said grinning.

-Third-

"I said let her go." Erik repeated as he was prepared to fight for the woman he loved.

"You'll have to win her from me" Dominick said as he swung his sword at Erik. Both talented swordsmen this went on for awhile before they were both out of breath. But dominick had a plan in mind.

"You're good. You can take her. Think of it as a gift" he said sheathing his sword and walking over to Nathalie. Erik pointed his sword at Dominick and waited to see what he would do. Dominick untied nathalie as Erik stared at Dominick.

"What do you want?" Erik said knowing he had some secret motive.

"Nothing" Dominick said before Erik growled at him.

"Your spilling lies" Erik said.

"I'm Not" Dominick replied cooly.

"Promise me then" Erik said "Give me your word" He said bitterly. Dominick gave him a questioning look.

"What do you mean?" he asked

"Promise me you will not go after her, fallow us, or harm her again." Erik Said. Dominick stood up as Erik's blade fallowed him as he stood.

"You have my word." Dominick said with both hands raised. Showing he wasn't going to break it. Erik then sheathed his sword and picked up nathalie bridal styled after wrapping his cloak around her. Erik carried her off and started his journey back to the opera house. Nathalie hadn't woken up the entire time.

A guard ran down the stairs as he spoke to Dominick about a masked man running off with their prisoner. Dominick only smirked and let the guard know his plans.

-Erik-

I knew that Dominick had some sort of plan to steal nathalie away from me but I didn't care. We got back to the opera house without stopping once again. I quickly took her to the catacombs and into my Lair laying her down in the swan bed. I covered her up and looked down at her with a frown before I went into the opera house it self to find Madame Giry.

When I had I told madame Giry of my plans and that Nathalie had been found. But she was wounded and needed treatment.  Madame giry knew some things and she would have been able to help. She brought some clothes and some supplies she would need and fallowed Erik to his lair.

Madame Giry fixed up nathalie and explained to Erik that she was weak. That she probably hadn't slept in nearly a week. She would need food when she woke up and that her bruises looked like Dominick had beaten her on multiple occasions.

"She also has a very large scar across her stomach. I'm not sure where she got it from but it looks like she got it a long time ago. Probably from back when Dominick had her before. She is very weak though she might not be able to move around much in awhile." madame giry explained to me. I nodded.

"How long until you assume she would be awake?" I asked wondering how long I should wait before becoming nervous

"I'm not sure Erik.. A day at the most maybe? But it really depends on her... She was close to death. I hope you realize that." When I heard madame giry say this I felt my anger build up further. "I'm pretty sure he used some sort of drug on her.. I've seen this effect before during my travels.. It works differently on each person but I think it is still some what in her system.. so ... be ready for anything if she does wake up."

"She'll wake up" I said allowed trying to make the situation sound less dark then it needed to be. I was already angry enough. But right now I just wanted to be by her side. I lead madame giry back up to the opera house and went back to my Lair. I sat by the bed side awaiting Nathalie to wake up.

I played the lullaby that was on her bracelet trying to stay calm. I knew that it would help. Being that this song used to help me a lot during my years left alone down here with only my thoughts for company..

"please... wake up Nathalie..."