Chapter 22

Chapter 22

==============STAR============

Everything seemed to fall into place like puzzle pieces.  You remember the kind face Alois gave you, the security you felt around him despite the way he treated you. The way he made you his, the cost of giving yourself entirely to him. Love was something you were created from, and yet understanding it was a quality you had as good as any human. When you were with Alois the night before, those few seconds were like relighting an old candle, brightening up your world.  The way you melted into his arms was undeniably beautiful.  But you knew who you loved now, and despite the message given to you at the dance, you would be the one to save Ciel no matter what. Love was something that drove you to do the maddest things, but unlike Alois, Ciel loved you the same. Alois's view of love was more corrupt than yours could ever be, and two broken hearts can't mend eachother.

Your heart was still fragile, like a broken mirror packed away for so long. Packed away in that dark room in the asylum where you were abandoned.

Abandoned.

Your scrunched your face into a frown, and peered down below you. You looked down at all the scenery, people farming their lands and heading out for a days worth of work. In thier field clothing, animals of all kinds being tended to, and children walking into a school house, laughing and playing...a childhood you never had. You sighed and wondered if Ciel ever felt this way. Like he had to grow up too fast, never having friends or time to mess around.

You soared on past more houses, until you saw the top of Alois's mansion looking as uninviting to you as usual. Wasting no time on this journey you landed on your feet right in front of his home's front door. Confidently you went to knock on the big oak door, but mid motion you stopped, shaking your head...something was missing...

No one was inside. How did you know this? Was it a thought or a voice...?

You recalled the dream, and started to run, forgetting you could fly.

====================CIEL===================

Ciel didn't even think about where he was going, he just kept walking. Somehow he knew exactly how to find him. It was a smell, a rotton smell to Ciel's nostrils. A soul that was weak and sour, and made his blood boil. He walked faster as the thought of Alois's stench ever being near his-

His what?

"My...What?" He mumbled to himself questioningly as he ran.

"Hahaha. So you've come to play again?" sang a very childish voice.

Ciel's demon scense had been in tune lately, and that he was glad for cause he wasn't here to play Alois's little games. He followed the direct sound of his voice, and started to run.

"Hahaha! Look at little Ciel. Hm. You know what would make things fair? YOUR HEAD ON A STAKE! YOU OWE ME YOUR LIFE!"

He was close.The vibrations of Alois's shouting was moving one direction and the gap was closing.

"What kind of IDIOT puts his life on the line for his enemy?!" Ciel shouted back. "If I remember right, we've always hated one another!"

"Ciel."

The voice was so soft he felt the breath in his ear. Doing a three-sixty around himself Ciel saw nothing. The woods themselves looked far more terrifying and darker.

"Come out you coward! Just me and you this time."

"Hmmmm want me that bad?" Alois teased. Then, from the shadows in front of Ciel in the deeper woods came...what looked like was supposed to be Alois.