Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Ciel and you joined for another dance, as the music picked up to an upbeat tune. 

"Master, do you know how to dance to this type of music?" You asked as politely as possible, as Ciel gulped.

He then proceeded to you with a glare and took you by the hand and spun you around in a circle.

"Well of coarse I can! Sebastian made sure not to leave this dance routine out," he then blushed as he  reclaimed you in his arms looking down at your face as you leaned on his left arm.

You giggled as he pushed you out and you continued the recreational dance. "Master, I must say your waltz isn't the best but your far better at this kind. Must be a personality trait."

He smiled and you both continued dancing together for the rest of the song.  It was almost magical, as you and him seemed to have forgotten your true identities.  Perhaps that was why the held these type of balls, where everyone wears masks to hide their insecurities and just have fun, but what sort of insecurities could rich beautiful people have?

As the dance ended Ciel took you by the hand and whispered, "Let's take a stroll into the courtyard," his voice like honey to you, dreamy and soft.  His eyes weren't glowing brightly, he seemed to be himself but not.  He was in high spirits it seemed, perhaps the mixture of wine and the undying excitement of the ballroom.  But Ciel was never the type for this sort of fun, and it was all so queer to see this this side of him.

You followed him through a crowd of people off to the right of the staircase was through a lit hallway that only a few feet through were two double glass doors that led to the courtyard.  Few people were out there, and Ciel seemed to know his way about the Trancy mansion.  He led the way grabbing your hand walking down a sidewalk leading off from the yard into a pavilion.

"Ciel-" you started, that gasped at what just came out of your mouth.

He didn't even seem to notice so you stopped walking right in front of the pavilion.  He turned and looked at you confused.

"What's wrong?"

"Forgive me, I used your first name..." you apologized, bowing your head in shame.

To your surprise, he just chuckled and petted your head, saying "Don't be so harsh on yourself, we're playing house tonight anyway"

"Oh, okay."

You both then went underneath the pavilion and took a seat on the cold stone bench, the only light was the illumination of the full moon and the stars above. The top of the pavilion had a glass roof, something that was unusual in this century, but very interesting.  Through it you could see the north star, and a red glowing light not too far from the moon. You smiled..

"Star," Ciel spoke softly, taking a piece of your black hair and fingering it playfully.  You turned to him, a thoughtful look on your face.

"Y-yes?" 

you stuttered, a little startled as his eyes started glowing  that glimmering red again.

"Your not scared of me are you? Because of-of who I am, meaning a demon?"

He pronounced the word demon with such a soft menace that you wondered if he was scared of himself.

"No, not at all.  You just keep changing on me, I don't understand."

Ciel smirked and took his hand out of your hair and cupped your chin.

"Maybe I don't want to tell you yet," he teased.