Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"This really must be too much for you," Alois sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose firmly and looking away.

Star raised a challenging eyebrow. "Not at all, in fact I find it rather adventurous." Her eyes then narrowed suspiciously. "But what would a nobleman such as yourself want with me?" 

Alois's eyes sparkled as if he saw a new born pup. "Your adorable Miss Eclaire, I wait I've explained this already, but it is wonderful story really. I've beenseeing you, on my errands, and couldn't take my eyes off you. From the first time I felt my heart leap at the sight of your smile." Alois explained dreamily. "Maybe it's all too fast, but I couldn't wait another day to meet you."

Star knew these sort of men...sweet talkers, only wanting you in bed or for money, in her case definately not money. But...he was oddly sincere sounding, despite the over romancing. Star bursted into laughter after a few seconds of awkward silence and him staring at her, she bursted into laughter.

"What's so funny?"

"This. All this shit your doing just to have me naked for you? I'm not an idiot Sir."

Alois sat up, a baffled look on his face.

Star noticed his expreession and stopped laughing.

"That's not at all what I want," he said matter-of-factly.

His tone was serious and it took Star by suprise.  She could always read people well and this man wasn't toying with her.

"Well tell me, how does a filthy rich man as yourself fall for a prostitute's daughar testter?" Sted, still unconvinced. He had to be in this for something else right? That's how the world was.

Alois sighed.  "How about this, lets take time to get to know one another? These next few days I'll take you out.  See how you feel then."

"Fine. But take me home I'm late for dinner."

And so, for t

he next few days he took her out on walks to the park, bought her dresses, even bought her drinks.  Her mother didn't seem to mind, in fact she was happy for her. but  Three days before her mother's murder, was when she broke Alois's heart.

"I can't live with you, I'm sorry Alois." Tears even welled in her eyes, for it seemed even she began to fall for him.

"Please! Bring your mother too if you wish!" he pleaded at her doorstep.

"I can't, she is going to America, and she's been saving for this for ages.  She has opportunities there and I can't let her go alone. Maybe we'll meet again maybe--"

Alois 's face suddenly began to twitch,

"Fine. Yes, maybe we will...farewell then...for now."

That night he turned on his heel and walked off into the shadows.  Star should have seen it,  That murderous glare in his eye. 

...

After the muder, he of coarse brought her to his home.  Still devestated, she felt drowned in a sentence of doom, remaining silent and gloomy, locking herself in her room and crying all day every daay, bareely eating. Alois was becoming impatient, but let her have her way. What she didn't know, is when she fell asleep, he snuck in and wiped her tears off her face. His way of showing compassion.