Chapter 14

Chapter 14

You could hear the soft trotting of the horses, as you sighed heavily. You were nervous because tonight you would be dancing with Ciel, and you had not danced in what seemed forever, though you knew, once again, that you knew how.  Except this was because you felt dancing had always been in you. Maybe it was the angel in you. Also, your heart raced in anticipation, as you sat across from Ciel, who peered outside with an unusual look on his face.  He wasn't bored looking right now, in fact he seemed nervous, his eyebrows furrowed.  It was very awkward, as you coughed to gain his attention. He turned his eyes on you, which still looked rather timid.  

"Are you alright?" He asked, in the most casual tone of voice you had ever heard the young Lord use.  Then that quickly changed as he added, "I don't need you getting another asthmatic attack," rather harshly.

"I'm fine..thank you though.  But Master, you look rather nervous."

He looked back out the window as if avoided your gaze.

"I am not nervous at all. What a queer accusation.  I'm always confident!" he said snidely.

"My apologies," you said, bowing so that your hair fell all around you.

Ciel sniffed. Then as you looked up he had a horrified look on his face, as if he'd seen a ghost.

"My Lord?"

His one eye looked redder than usual, as he smelled the air again.

"What...perfume are you wearing?" he said in a rather dreamy voice as he bent towards you, and touched your face.  You felt heat rise in your cheeks.  What was he doing? Did he have some mental disorder where he changed personalities? Because he has at least gone through three in different ones in the past ten minutes. "You smell like....lavender and...honey...with a little cinnamon..." 

"M-my Lord, I'm wearing nothing to be honest..."

He then pulled away from you and shook his head and rubbed his eyes as if he were trying to erase some image. "Master Ciel? What's wrong?"

"N-nothing.  You meant your not wearing any perfume. Right, well you smell like you are," He indicated, trying rather hard to bring back his usual snide tone of voice.

That was it.

You had to, Ciel was always acting so odd around you lately. changing his attitude all the time.  What was it with him?

You looked at him and smiled, and crept quietly into his mind peering through his eye.  This time you wouldn't do anything necessarily harmful, you just wanted to connect your thoughts to his so you could hear what he was thinking.  This was simple mind reading, one that would go unnoticed, and that didn't cause your eyes to twinkle a different shade.  You couldn't remember when you used it last, but you still knew how to do it.

There was a soft creak as if someone opened the door, and there you were.

You could now hear everything he thought, and you then remembered nervously Sebastian would be able to tell you did this!

Expecting the carriage to stop suddenly with Sebastian running in to scold you and reveal your secrets, you waited.

But nothing happened as Ciel snapped his fingers in front of you.

"Having another flash back?" he said almost worriedly.

"Huh? no, not at all, just thinking." you lied with a smile.

"Oh."

Her smile is so pretty...gah! What am I doing? It's been this way all day! You heard him think, as you tried not to blush as you both turned to look outside, playing bored.