Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Your eyes were shut tight.

All was quiet, as a warm hand touched your back.

"It's good now, but stay in--HEY WAIT!"

You'd have to apologize to Mey-Rin later for slamming the door in her face.  You had to see what was going on.  Rushing down the stairs, Mey-Rin at your heels now, you quickened the pace ignoring her curses and ran out the back door.

"...oh yeah..." you said to yourself, remembering you had wings.

At first u were a bit unsure how they worked, but to your surprise it was as easy as flexing a muscle.  They were part of you, after all. You breath was caught in amazement. You were flying. Your feet dangled aimlessly in the air as you soared higher and higher, the most extraordinary feeling you have ever had. But you did couldn't have time to enjoy it...you had to see what was going on, and if you could help at all. You flew above the garden, the walkway, the parked carriage, and into the maze of hedges. You could hear Finny and Bard behind you on the ground shouting your name, and looking back at a glace you saw Finny throwing a boulder larger than him at a couple of thug looking men, and Bard perched on a large tree with a sniper rifle. But instead of slowing down you waved and and kept on your way.

Your eyes then darted at the picnic area.

"What the hell..."

There was a giant chess board made of stone, with Sebastian and some strange man also in a butler's uniform battling one another in hand to hand combat.  And, sitting in three chairs off to the game board like an audience, was Ciel, some blond looking feminine man with hungry eyes as he watched them battle, and...

 You cringed.

HIM.

All three of them looked up, and determined to end this charade, you landed forcefully to the ground, on one knee shaking the earth.

Alois gasped and his eyes twinkled, blondie looked startled, and Ciel  stood up awestruck. Alois quickly started to skip towards you with open arms like a child running to his mother, and you growled in a fight stance.  Suddenly Sebastian was in front of you blocking Alois.

'Damn that butler!' you cursed in your head, only halfway meaning it.

"Sorry Alois, but the games are not over, so the bet is still on." Sebastian stated.

A bet? What...

"If you lay one of your grubby fingers on her I will kill you myself!" Ciel yelled, walking up to the scene.  He then turned his attention to you. "Wings...your...your eyes..." Ciel stuttered, only feet from you, reaching out to touch your wings.

You breathed heavily, because as much as you wanted to talk to Ciel, and apologize for letting him see you like this, you were beginning to fume as you put the pieces together.

"Hurry up and win Angus, I want my wife home today!" Alois ordered, waving at someone behind you, still blocked by Sebastian, who looked a tad ruddy.

You turned, to see this Angus.

He looked as bad as Sebastian up close, bruised and dusty, a cut here and there.  He ran his fingers through his brown hair and pushed his glasses up. "Of coarse master...now please take you seat back.."

"...Star...you look..." Ciel was touching you! He was touching your feathers.  Touching the stain that ruined his life. Demons, angels, witches...to hell with it.

You stepped back, and Ciel looked bewildered.

'On no...he realizes I remind him of that horrible event,' you thought, biting your bottom lip nervously.