Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The kitchen smelled of Italian aromas, such as rosemary and thyme, even oregano.  Bardroy stood next to Sebastian, who was coaching him on the correct ways of fixing Alfredo sauce.

"Now, first you must take the garlic and minced onion a- oh - Miss Star and Mey-Rin, tell me can either of you help Bardroy so I can prepare the dinning room?" Sebastian asked, facing you both, but looking at you.

Suddenly, something clicked.

Odd.

"Well, for some reason I fail to know why but I seem to know how to cook," you reply, a look of puzzlement on your face.

He smirked, that devilish grin.

"Very well, Mey-Rin please come assist me,"

"Yes sir!" Mey-Rin saluted, blushing a deep shade of admiration as she followed Sebastian out.

"So ya know how to cook eh miss Star?" started Bardroy.  You felt a bit nervous, he was rather handsome, with his pretty eyes and muscular figure.

"Well, u-um yes actually, I see Sebastian has er, got you started on the onions and-oh yeah please stir it its - actually yeah, turn the heat down," you instructed before he burnt the damn stuff.

"Oh, right!" he exclaimed, clearly embarrassed, stretching his back.  Next came the whipping cream, and Parmesan cheese, and still you had no idea how you knew all this.

=====================================================

"Oh my..." exclaimed a devilish smiling butler, as you lifted up the aluminum lid to the entree. "It looks delicious!"

"Yup, yup we've got a damn good cook's assistant," complimented Bardroy, patting you on the back.

Ciel sniffed the aroma, and had a look of utter awe on his face.

Sebastian nodded to you and you proficiently served the young master his plate of Alfredo chicken, not a drop missing his plate.  Looking back, you were startled to see everyone gasping at you, including the little man you had recently learned was named 'Tanaka.'

"I can't wait to try it!" the small young boy who nearly killed you earlier with a grasp he called a hug said, his eyes sparkling.

"Quit it Finny cooks' served next," argued Bardroy.

As they debated the subject over food,  Sebastian served dessert, something he made clear his master always called for him to make.  It was a very delicious smelling blueberry cobbler, that made your stomach growl.

Ciel ate silently, and when dinner was over all five of you (Bardroy, Mey-Rin, Finny, you, and Tanaka) were sent to the smaller bar table in the kitchen to have your proportions.  As hard as you tried not to eat piggishly, you failed, stuffing your face, in front of the others.

"Oh my, poor thing they must have fed you vile things there in that nasty place," Mey-Rin sympathized.

chomp chomp chomp

You nodded, focusing on a second piece of pie.

"Pardon me miss Star but you don't seem all that nutters to me," Finny indicated  sitting to your left.

"How rude Finny where's your manners to the young woman?!" scolded Bardroy

Curiously you tilted your head, as Finny repeatedly apologized, and as a small bit of berry juice trickled down your lip, you burst into laughter.

"Ho, ho, ho," Tanaka  joined, sipping the strange liquid he carried around in a small cup.

"What's so funny?" asked Bardroy.

"You guys are ridiculous, first its  let's murder our new maid by killing her with hugs, then food arguments, then the table conversation is over my sanity!"

They all looked at you oddly, then Finny smiled. "It is pretty silly, I guess."

"Ahem."

You all turned to face Sebastian, smiling his usual creepy smile. Odd, you don't remember him walking in.

"Sorry to interrupt the fun, but master Ciel would like a word with you, Miss Star."

You eyes widened, and you realized you were in fact sickly full.

Sebastian walked you to the master's study, candlelight illuminating the way. He opened the door and gave you a reassuring smile, inviting you in.

As he bowed and proceeded to leave the room, he shut the door behind him leaving alone with master Ciel, who seemed preoccupied with the newspaper.

After a few seconds of more awkward silence, he put the paper down and raised his uncovered eye's eyebrow at you. "Why are you standing there?  Come, sit, " he gestured, to a chair across a game table.  He also walked over, to sit directly across from you,  leaving his skull decored cain behind leaning against the study table.

"A game of chess?" he more so requested than asked, pulling out a small drawer from the table, and setting up the pieces.

Strange.

You also recalled knowing how to play this game.  Suddenly your mind went slamming back into  some strange scene, there you were, playing this game in room filled with people, across from you sat a familiar blonde headed boy, with a mischievous grin.  You seemed far in the game, few pieces remaining on either end.  Cigar smoke filled the air, and you scanned the bored.

You must have been thinking awhile, cause the man got impatient and made a low growling noise.

"You know I'm not a patient man, Miss Red-Star."

You ignored his shitty attitude, and smirked to yourself.

"Your problem is you don't think your moves through. Check...mate..."

You moved your rook and took his only blocking piece to his king.

FLASH.

You shook your head in confusion.

"Hello? It's your turn," Ciel reminded, clearly annoyed.

"Sorry young master,"  you replied, looking down at the board.  'Red-Star? why did that man call me that...' you pondered as you made your move.

Three moves in, he finally spoke up.

"Are you familiar with a Madam Red?"

His eyes shot at you, peering into your soul, searching for answers, as he knocked out one of your pawns.