Chapter 7

Chapter 7

It was late, so Ciel called off the game till tomorrow and sent you to bed.  He said it wasn't  his style to abandon games, so he left the board how it was.

As you walked down the hall towards your room, you heard footsteps behind you. Turning, your eyes met Sebastian's as he came up to you."May I have a word with you Star?" he asked, a serious look on his face, illuminated by his candle light.

"Yes." you replied, hoping you were not in trouble.

"I apologize for my master's way about things, though I must remind you to hold back that anger of yours.  He is the head of this household and I'm surprised he's yet to punish you severely." He warned shaking a finger.  "You must try to be a tad bit more restraining on yourself, practice self control.  His patience may begin to wear thin, as he is trying hard to track down Mad-Blood." Sebastian explained.

"...Yes Sebastian, I understand." You yawned, ready for some shut eye yourself.

"Very well, head off to bed. "

Just as you were about to turn on your heel and walk into the room, Sebastian called to you once more. "Oh, by the way your game will be postponed sadly, for another few days.  The master is bombarded with a work load of things to do," he added without looking at you.

"Oh, I understand."

"Goodnight, then."

....

As you slipped into your bed, wearing a very soft and silky and red gown, it appeared Mey-Rin was already fast asleep.  Her snoring was atrocious, but that was just another thing you would have to get used to in the House of Phantomhive. Turning over to try to evade the strength of her noise, you thought about the day.  How Sebastion warned you of Ciel's patience running low.  You sighed, irritated with your whole situation.  On one hand, you were safe, well fed and taken care of, on the other, you really had no life to look forward to living here.  You felt a bit...trapped.  Was this always going to be your life? Or did Ciel have other plans for you once Alois was taken care of? And what did he mean by let him take care of the avenging?  Wasn't it your life to avenge? If you had really taken down a whole bunch of men using your powers, why couldn't you do this yourself?  You knew Ciel and Alois had a past, being enemies down to the very core of thier souls, but still...

That was it.

The only way you would find out anything on your own was to go out and get it yourself.  You would have to do some investigating around town, maybe tomorrow evening Master Ciel would let you leave for a walk, but you were pretty sure he'd make Sebastian come with you.  Or, perhaps they could leave the house and you could stay and look through Ciel's study. Surely there were clues in there. How else was he able to tell you so stories about yourself?  You figured, you had to get them out of the house, surely the young master left his dwelling on occasion.

That's when you thought about the way he spoke to after your flashback.  How he reminded you that you now belonged to him. Part of you wanted to grit your teeth at that, Since when did you belong to anyone? Apparently at one point you were Trancy's...

Except...

You blushed, a heated shade of red.  You were so tired from the buzz of alcohol, but the look on Ciel's face kept reanimating it's self in your mind.  The way he turned away bashfully.  Could it be you were crushing on lord Phantomhive?  Your master, and you a mere servant? Or was it because he was a familiar reminder of what you were taught of what love was? To be obedient, and faithful, to serve under the foot of a higher piece? As these thoughts swam around your mind, you fell into a deep sleep.