Chapter 9

Chapter 9

=================SEBASTIAN================

After Lucy disappeared into the darkness Sebastian continued to listen in on Alois's social party.

Not much else happened aside from Alois demanding more to drink...

Except, he smelled a tad different, from what Sebastian could remember...as if he got his soul back somehow, and had a bitter-sweet taste lingering on him.  Not blissful like Ciel's, but good enough to satisfy a starved demon.  More than a mere snack, or a cheap poorly made meal, hoovering between decent and tasteful, but never like Ciel's had smelled.  Of coarse, Sebastian knew he'd never betray his master, but perhaps he'd get to eat, after all.

"Rum...smells just like my sweet wife..." Alois twirled the bottle around and took a swig.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes and flew back off to the roof gracefully.

================CIEL=================

"This is urgent, Sebastian. When Alois arrives at the Asylum to realize she's gone he'll be frantic.  I assume his new butler Angus will most definitely come find her, and succeed.  I order you to make sure this does not happen. " Ciel commanded, as Sebastian tucked him into bed.

"Yes, master.  But, are you aware that the Yard will most definitely be told? London has no idea that Alois is actually Mad-Blood." Sebastian concluded.

"We will deal with that when and if that happens. For now put extra security on this mansion. Understood?" Ciel eyed his butler.

"As you wish."

As Sebastian opened the door to leave, Ciel sat up in his bed.

"Sebastian?" he called, with an arrogant look. "Have you...grown used to this fixture I have you in? You don't seem as...solemnly irritated as you had before, when you first knew this was...eternal."

"Master...what kind of demonic butler would I be if I couldn't adapt to any situation? Besides...I believe this time around I may be...part of a very entertained audience." His eyes glimmered that sinister shade of blood red, and Ciel raised an eyebrow, followed by a yawn, and he settled back into  bed without another word.

"Good night, master.."

==================STAR=================

"MORNING!" sang Mey-Rin.

Your ears burned in annoyance to your friend as you cracked open your eyelids.  You had gotten little sleep last night, so you slowly and reluctantly sat up to face already-dressed-Mey-Rin.

"C'mon sleepy head it's another day in the Phantomhive mansion!"

She left the room to let you get dressed.

Sleepily, you rubbed your eyelids and walked over to your closet with a frown.  Last night when you went to bed you couldn't help reciting everything Sebastian said to you, how you were associated with the master's killers. It made you sick to your stomach, knowing that in a twisted way you were related to the cause of such saddening gruesome events. Just the simple fact you were a reminder of what he had gone through, was enough. No, more than enough.

You cringed. The only other maid outfit that was clean was one you tried to avoid.  It was short, french style, barely touching your knees.  You didn't want to wear a filthy one that would definitely be a inexcusable act for a Phantomhive maid, so you gave in and put the outfit on.  You proceeded with your long socks, and shoes, and lazily went to help prepare for breakfast.

Breakfast and lunch were soon to pass.  It was a quiet morning, Prehaps it was because you were a bit depressed over the intel you received last night. Either way it was hard for you to even look the master in the  eye.  funny thing was though, from the corner of them you caught him looking at you, quite a few times. Did he always do that? You wondered with a blush as you polished the banisters. Last night you came to the conclusion, that despite what Sebastian had said, you would become a more than fit maid for Lord Phantomhive. You had to, to make up for your...species...to say. All day long you did every chore to your best ability, not missing a spot on the floor, not missing a single bedspread that needed washed, perfectly folding every single one of Ciel's clothing...