Chapter 23

=======CIEL========

Ciel was mentally and physically prepared for this fight, and he knew he would win. A demon of any kind was naturally above any hound of hell.  The question was why was he ready to die? Alois acted as if he knew he would come. As if he was waiting for a good fight to finish this rivalry. And now, Star was turning the events completely. And to what? Save his condemed soul? How was that possible? She must have learned of something.

But in that moment, she had given herself up so it seemed.

"TAKE ME!"

Ciel looked away from the man he was going to kill, then saw the opprotunity he had.

The perfect moment in which he could have died, only because of his hatred. Alois's claws were long and drawn, ready to slice. Would Ciel have caught him in time though? He wasn't sure to be honest.

As Alois looked away that instant, he with drew his hands and time seemed to have frozen immediately.

It was a strange feeling, when Star froze time. It was as if you fell asleep instantly, and woke back up instantly. As if your slumber was contained in the blink of an eye.

============STAR=============

You walked over to the still man of your past. You cupped his face, it was soft, but his expression was a mix of shock and terrifying. He wasn't even close to who he once was. Who he was to you was...someone you were too close too hate and too far from loving.  He was a bittersweet memory.

And that's when you felt sorry for him. Sorry for this poor young man that had never seen true love in his life. Tears fell from your cheeks as you touched his cold forhead, and closed your eyes. Why did it hurt? Because part of you wish he was someone else? Or because you felt compassion for such a lost soul? The reasons didn't matter anymore.

You looked down at his still face and focused on his eyes, opening the gates to his mind, and expanding yourself inside it. You saw everything, every moment you shared with Trancy, the good, and the bad. You took each still picture and erased it down to every smile and tear. Every kiss and slap to the face. You made sure there would be no trace left of you ever meeting him, and that when he awoke he would live his life normally, without you. Well, as normal as things got anyway.

When every memory was swiped clean you disconnected from him and came back.

You let time resume itself and watched Alois's eyes shut as he passed out, a common side effect from having your memories ripped. You laid his head down to the ground gently and turned to Ciel, who appeared confused.

"Ciel, I erased his memories of me. He will no--no-no longer--" you were becoming out of breath, and your head started to spin. That whole thing took so much out of you.

"Star?"  Ciel rushed to your side as you fell back, passing out finishing the sentence with "--no longer bother us"

Everything went black.

*******************

You woke up in a different room. It was rather dark and it frightened you. You sat up and pulled your knees forward. You felt comfort in the lacey gown you wore, and let your eyes adjust to the blackness.

"Wait...Ciel's room?" you said to yourself, noticing the black and blue sheets and curtains.

You stood up and walked to the door, but before you opened it, your hand inches away, Ciel did from the other side, which didn't surprise you.

He looked his normal self, except he seemed to be turning red in the candle light.

"Ciel? Did you get sunburn or something?" You asked curiously. He stood frozen staring at you with a shocked face. "Ciel? Hello?" You waved your hand in front of him.

"Who--what---SEBASTIAN!!!!"

Ciel yelled down the dark corridor. And sure enough here came Sebastian walking out of the shadows silently. "Yes master? Really it's improper for a man to yell especially in front of a lady." He said looking at me smiling.

"Sebastian....why is she wearing a SEE THROUGH GOWN???"

Sebastian sighed and pulled Ciel's face to his, whispering in his ear so quietly you couldn't even see his lips move.

(((TeeHee. This chapter was short to introduce the final few chapters. Then, the second book :] Thanks To all of you for continuing to read, ive never really felt such appreciation for my work, everyday looking at the votes, reads, and comments really inspires me. I was amazed at how many comments i had when i returned after finally obtaining internet. THANKS SO MUCH!)))